About LIM College
About Human Resources
The mission of the Office of Human Resources at LIM College is for the department to act as a catalyst enabling all employees to establish an optimal work environment for obtaining high productivity, continuous professional and personal growth and to create and maintain the goodwill of the students, staff and faculty through our leadership, employment practices and expertise. We oversee and manage all facets of staff and faculty talent acquisition, employment offers, new hire orientation, health benefits administration, employee relations, research, recommendation and implementation of college-wide policies and procedures, staff training and development.
- Professionalism: We are committed to being knowledgeable, thorough and responsive in order to inspire confidence in those we serve.
- Quality Service: We strive to meet or exceed the needs of our constituents in a timely and courteous manner.
- Teamwork: We strive to work in a cooperative manner to support the goals of the Office of Human Resources and the College, and we encourage individual and team recognition.
- Trust: We strive to cultivate an atmosphere of dependability, confidentiality and trust based on honestly, integrity and ethical practices.
- Open Communication: Our communication with each member of our community will be honest, straightforward, respectful and empathetic, and we will always be open to feedback.
- Diversity: We encourage and support an inclusive work environment that values the strength derived from a diverse workforce.
- Innovation – Process Improvements: We strive to create and introduce new work processes, programs and services. Additionally, we will use technology in creative ways to better serve our constituents.
- Respect: We strive to foster dignity and encourage respect in every encounter within our community, regardless of level or position.
- Community: In the spirit of community, we join with all employees and students across campus to advance the mission of the College.
Hours of Operation & Office Location:
Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. We are located on the 3rd Floor of The Townhouse (12 East 53rd Street), adjacent to the Student Financial Services department.
Who We Are:
Andrea L. Granville, MBA, Director of Human Resources, functions as an HR partner providing advice and guidance to the LIM College executive leadership, departmental leadership; as well as all faculty and staff. She is responsible for leading and overseeing the administration of the following functions; recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations and development, organizational development and management, training and HRIS. The Director manages the annual performance appraisal process, facilitates classroom training, handles employee relations and provides coaching/mentoring for staff development. The Director is also responsible for seeing that HR policies and procedures are compliant with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
Evelyn S. Hecht, Ed.D., Manager of Human Resources, supports the development of employee relations and employee morale initiatives designed to support the College's strategic plan. She participates in the development and implementation of HR solutions in a variety of key areas such as: performance management, management effectiveness, employee relations amd training and development. The ERS is responsible for the management of unemployment claims with a third party vendor concerning worker's compensation issues. She assists the Director in organizational development efforts, including building and maintaining staff and faculty relationships, coaching and negotiating employee-manager or employee-employee conflict solutions.
Carolyn Higgins, Human Resources Coordinator, serves as an essential member of the HR team and provides administrative support to the department as well as departmental directors and supervisors. The Human Resources Coordinator performs a variety of administrative and confidential administrative matters of a sensitive nature associated with the Human Resources Department, including recruitment, HRIS coordination, advertising, orientations, departmental and college wide purchases etc.
LIM College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College does not discriminate in its employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.