Fashion Scholars Program
LIM College's Fashion Scholars Program provides an enriched academic experience and a challenging experiential learning environment. LIM College Fashion Scholars acquire superior communication and mathematical skills as well as deep knowledge of the global fashion industry, positioning them for the most competitive careers in fashion.
The objectives of the Fashion Scholars Program at LIM College are to distinguish our program graduates through:
International and Global Fashion Business Skills
Competitive fashion industry internships and mentoring by fashion industry leaders are unique features of LIM College's Fashion Scholars Program and provide students direct access to the best and brightest in fashion. Fashion Scholars students have the option to develop directed readings and enroll in study abroad programs in Europe and Asia. The Fashion Scholars Program consists of a sequence of honors courses as well as museum visits, lectures, social events, cultural activities, and internships, drawing on the resources of New York City and LIM College's connections to the fashion industry.
Language and Communication Skills
Fashion Scholars students will develop superior skills in English and proficiency in another language. The program also enables students to work closely with experienced faculty in small seminars and on a one-to-one basis, promoting intellectual development through collaboration with faculty and peers.
Mathematical and Quantitative Skills
Fashion Scholars students enroll in rigorous mathematics courses and develop the financial skills for successful career advancement in a corporate environment.
The goals of the Fashion Scholars Program are
- To deepen the intellectual experience of highly motivated students, encouraging advanced critical thinking skills;
- To provide students with greater access to competitive internship opportunities, broadening their experience in the business of fashion;
- To connect students with experienced mentors who are leaders in the fashion industry;
- To help students develop leadership qualities that enrich their careers and personal lives;
- To develop and maintain an engaged, close-knit community of students and faculty who are committed to the process of learning and teaching;
- To prepare our Fashion Scholars students for the most competitive career opportunities as well as graduate programs.
There is also a competitive Honors Scholarship connected with the Fashion Scholars program, with awards of up to half tuition per year for selected recipients.
For more information contact Olga Raganelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.752.1530 Ext. 259.