Transfer Credit Guidelines
If you would like to transfer credits to LIM College from another institution your transcripts will be analyzed by the Coordinator of Transfer Services according to the following guidelines:
- Transfer credits are awarded at LIM College only when official transcripts have been submitted for review. Note: In order for credits to be awarded, all final official college transcripts must be sent via mail. Electronic copies will not be considered for transfer credit purposes.
- Transfer credits are awarded for grades of C or higher. (C- and D will be accepted for students transferring in with an associate degree.)
- All courses must be 100 level or above to be accepted. Remedial courses may be evaluated for English and mathematics placement.
- Where course equivalency is evident, credit will be given for specific courses at LIM College; courses that are not direct transfers, but similar in scope to courses taught at LIM College may be accepted as professional or liberal arts credit. (If a transfer student believes a course taken previously matches a course at LIM College but the credit was not given directly, a course syllabus should be submitted to the Coordinator of Transfer Services for further review.)
- Grades from other institutions do not transfer and are not used in the calculation of the student's grade point average (GPA) at LIM College.
- The maximum number of accepted transfer credits that may be applied towards an associate degree is 32.
- The maximum number of accepted transfer credits that may be applied towards a bachelor’s degree is 65.
- A maximum of 24 elective credits will be accepted for the BBA in Fashion Merchandising.
- A maximum of 27 elective credits will be accepted for the BPS in Fashion Merchandising.
- A maximum of 21 elective credits will be accepted for the BBAs in Management and Marketing.
- A maximum of 9 liberal arts elective credits will be accepted for the BBA in Visual Merchandising.
- The number of transferred credits will determine a student's entering academic level.
- Official transcripts received by the end of the first week of classes will be considered in setting the student’s final level for that semester.
- All students must be aware of the academic residency requirement. It is required that the last consecutive 33 credits of an associate Degree, and the last consecutive 46 credits of a bachelor’s degree be completed at LIM College.
Current LIM College students who wish to take courses at another institution must obtain permission from their Academic Advisor before enrolling.
Articulation agreements are officially approved partnerships between LIM College and other academic institutions to match coursework between schools.
Note: Transfer credits taken at institutions that operate on a quarter system or trimester calendar will be converted appropriately.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding transfer credits, call the Coordinator of Transfer Services 212-752-1530 ext. 359.