Transfer Student Admissions Process
LIM College accepts applications on a rolling admissions basis. You may apply at any time up to the beginning of the fall or spring term until all openings are filled. However, it is strongly recommended you apply as early as possible. All application materials should be sent to the attention of Undergraduate Admissions.
Transfer Application Requirements
- Application for admission and a $40 non-refundable application fee- you may apply online or print a paper application
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended regardless of whether you expect or desire to receive credit for previous work
- Official high school transcripts with proof of graduation or GED
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or work references are preferred)- download our Recommendation Request Form here
- The required essay
- Official score report of SAT or ACT tests. The Writing portion is required for both tests. The standardized test requirement is waived for students who have satisfactorily completed at least 15 credit hours (21 on a quarter or trimester system) at an accredited college.
- An Activity Sheet is strongly recommended- download suggested guidelines for the Activity Sheet
- LIM College will contact you if an interview is required- students who desire an on to supplement their application can do so by request
Note: Transfer credits taken at institutions that operate on a quarter system or trimester calendar will be converted appropriately.
Transfer Application Timeline
- LIM College has a rolling admissions policy which states that students can apply anytime up to the beginning of the fall or spring term. We strongly encourage our transfers to apply early in order to provide students ample time to discuss tuition payment planning as well as secure housing. We recommend that students entering during the fall semesters submit all admissions materials, as well as financial aid materials by March 1st in order to meet the priority financial aid deadline. Applicants for spring semesters should try to complete their applications by December 15th.
- Once you submit your application, any supplemental information (transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.) you have sent in will be assembled into a file.
- We will mail you an acknowledgement letter confirming receipt of your application. If something is missing that is necessary to complete your application, the letter will notify you of that.
- Once all application requirements are complete, you will be notified of a decision within four to six weeks.
- Credit evaluations will be sent approximately 3-4 weeks after acceptance.
Official notification of an offer of admission can only be made by the Dean of Admissions, Assistant Dean of Admissions, or the Admissions Committee. Notification will be sent via mail on official LIM College letterhead within 4-6 weeks of receipt of the completed application.
A letter or email from a faculty member, student, or staff member outside of Undergraduate Admissions does not constitute an official offer of admission. Official notification will not be disseminated via email, social media, or telephone. If you receive a notice that you find questionable, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 212-752-1530.