Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the application procedures for International Students?
- Is an interview required for International Students?
- What is the tuition for the year?
- Is Financial Aid available?
- How can I make payments to LIM College?
- When will I be sent my visa application?
- What do I do after I am accepted?
- Can LIM College mail me information?
- What degrees and majors does LIM College offer?
- What is the minimum GPA?
- Where is LIM College located?
- What organization is LIM College accredited by?
- How big is LIM College?
- Do you require a portfolio for admission?
- If I am accepted, can I defer my decision?
- Is housing available?
- Is housing guaranteed?
- How can I visit LIM College?
- What is your policy on Early Action?
- What are your policies for Transfer Students?
- When can I enter LIM College?
- Can international students attend LIM College part-time?
What are the application procedures for International Students?
There is no single answer for this question, as most of our international students have very different educational backgrounds. We have created a very detailed International Application Procedures page to assist you with you application process. Please read this page carefully and then contact the Admissions Department if you should have any other questions.
Is an interview required for International Students?
Yes. All International applicants must complete an interview. Once you have submitted all of your application materials, you should contact the Admissions Department to set up an appointment for a phone interview. You also have the option of conducting the interview in person if you will be visiting New York City.
What is the tuition for the year?
Please visit our main tuition and fees page for a detailed breakdown of costs. In addition to tuition, fees, and housing, plan to budget between for books, transportation, food, and personal expenses.
Is Financial Aid available?
International students are eligible to be considered for LIM College merit scholarships. Students must submit a SAT or ACT score to be eligible. Students who are eligible will be notified at the time of acceptance. Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents are not eligible for need-based financial aid through LIM College or for federal or state grants and loans. International students may apply for private student loans (with an eligible co-signer).
How can I make payments to LIM College?
LIM College offers several payment options. Students can pay online here. Students can also pay by wire transfer or a check drawn on a US bank. If you plan on paying by wire transfer you must first contact our Student Accounts Office for details.
When will I be sent my visa application?
Students are sent the Application for Form I-20 in late spring. Students must submit the Tuition Agreement and $400 tuition deposit before a form I-20 will be issued.
What do I do after I am accepted?
Your first step should be to secure your seat in the upcoming class by sending in your tuition deposit and tuition agreement. Please check our Accepted International Students page for more information.
Can LIM College mail me information?
LIM College does not mail information to international addresses. Any information contained in our printed materials can certainly be found on our website, so we encourage you to explore.
What degrees and majors does LIM College offer?
• BBA (4 year degree) in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing, Management, or Visual Merchandising
• BPS (4 year degree) in Fashion Merchandising
• AAS (2 year degree) in Fashion Merchandising
• MBA (graduate degree) in Entrepreneurship or Fashion Management
• Concentrations in Cosmetics, Event Planning, Fashion Publications, Fashion Merchandising, International Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Retailing, Styling and Visual Merchandising
What is the minimum GPA?
• The average LIM College applicant has a solid "B" average (a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale)
Where is LIM College located?
LIM College has four academic buildings located about ten minutes walk from each other in Manhattan’s famous Midtown East district. Our brand new residence hall is on the Upper East Side.
• 12 East 53rd Street between 5th & Madison
• 5th Avenue at the corner of 45th Street
• 54th Street between 2nd & 3rd
• 45th Street between 2nd & 3rd
What organization is LIM College accredited by?
LIM College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. We are also a candidate for accreditation by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.
How big is LIM College?
As of Fall 2013, LIM College had approximately 1513 undergraduate students.
• Undergraduate student to faculty ratio: 8 to 1
• Average undergraduate class size: 18
Do you require a portfolio for admission?
No, LIM College does not require a portfolio. We do suggest students try to acquire some type of business or fashion background and submit an activity sheet.
If I am accepted, can I defer my decision?
Yes. LIM College allows students to defer their acceptance for one semester.
Is housing available?
Yes. LIM College’s state of the art 1760 Residence Hall provides our students with first class housing.
Is housing guaranteed?
LIM College housing policy is on a first come-first serve basis.
What are your policies for Transfer Students?
• There is no minimum number of credits required to apply to LIM College
• Our Transfer Credit Policy allows a maximum of 65 credits to transfer into LIM College
• Transcripts from International colleges and universities must be evaluated by World Education Services.
When can I enter LIM College?
LIM College has two start dates per year-the fall semester, which usually begins towards the end of August, and the spring semester, which usually begins towards the end of January. International students can apply for admission for both semesters. Please check our Academic Calendar for more details.
Can international students attend LIM College part-time?
No. In order to qualify for an F-1 student visa, international students must be full-time status.