Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the application procedures for International Students?
- Is an interview required for International Students?
- What is the tuition for the year?
- Is Financial Aid available?
- How can I make payments to LIM College?
- When will I be sent my visa application?
- What do I do after I am accepted?
- Can LIM College mail me information?
- What degrees and majors does LIM College offer?
- What is the minimum GPA?
- Where is LIM College located?
- What organization is LIM College accredited by?
- How big is LIM College?
- Do you require a portfolio for admission?
- If I am accepted, can I defer my decision?
- Is housing available?
- Is housing guaranteed?
- How can I visit LIM College?
- What is your policy on Early Action?
- What are your policies for Transfer Students?
- When can I enter LIM College?
- Can international students attend LIM College part-time?
What are the application procedures for International Students?
There is no single answer for this question, as most of our international students have very different educational backgrounds. We have created a very detailed International Application Procedures page to assist you with you application process. Please read this page carefully and then contact the Admissions Department if you should have any other questions.
Is an interview required for International Students?
Yes. All International applicants must complete an interview. Once you have submitted all of your application materials, you should contact the Admissions Department to set up an appointment for a phone interview. You also have the option of conducting the interview in person if you will be visiting New York City.
What is the tuition for the year?
Tuition for the 2012-2013 academic year is $22,420. Tuition does not include housing or books. Housing is approximately an additional $15,850. These costs do not include fees and estimated living expenses.
Is Financial Aid available?
No. International students are not eligible for federal or state aid. However, all students can apply for a private student loan (with an eligible co-signer) and are eligible to be considered for LIM College scholarship funds. Merit scholarships range from $1000-$3500 per year. Students who are eligible for merit scholarships will be notified at the time of acceptance.
How can I make payments to LIM College?
You can make tuition and other payments to LIM College by wire transfer or a check drawn on a US bank. If you plan on paying by wire transfer you must first contact our Student Accounts Office for details.
When will I be sent my visa application?
Students are sent the I-20 visa application and Tuition Agreement Form with their acceptance packet. Students must first fill out and return the Tuition Agreement along with the $400 tuition deposit before LIM College will process the visa application.
What do I do after I am accepted?
Your first step should be to secure your seat in the upcoming class by sending in your tuition deposit and agreement. You should then begin the process of securing your visa. Please check our Accepted International Students page for more information.
Can LIM College mail me information?
Unfortunately LIM College does not mail information to international students. Any information contained in our printed materials can certainly be found on our website, so we encourage you to explore. You can also reference our online catalog at…..
What degrees and majors does LIM College offer?
• BBA (4 year degree) in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing, Management, or Visual Merchandising
• BPS (4 year degree) in Fashion Merchandising
• AAS (2 year degree) in Fashion Merchandising
• MBA (graduate degree) in Entrepreneurship or Fashion Management
• Concentrations in Cosmetics, Event Planning, Fashion Publications, Fashion Merchandising, International Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Retailing, Styling and Visual Merchandising
What is the minimum GPA?
• The average LIM student has a solid "B" average (a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale)
Where is LIM College located?
LIM College has four academic buildings located about ten minutes walk from each other in Manhattan’s famous Midtown East district. Our brand new residence hall is on the Upper East Side.
• 12 East 53rd Street between 5th & Madison
• 5th Avenue at the corner of 45th Street
• 54th Street between 2nd & 3rd
• 45th Street between 2nd & 3rd
What organization is LIM College accredited by?
LIM College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. We are also a candidate for accreditation by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.
How big is LIM College?
As of Fall 2011, LIM College had approximately 1538 undergraduate students.
• Student to faculty ratio: 7 to 1
• Average class size: 17
Do you require a portfolio for admission?
No, LIM College does not require a portfolio. We do suggest students try to acquire some type of business or fashion background and submit an activity sheet.
If I am accepted, can I defer my decision?
Yes. LIM College allows students to defer their acceptance for one semester.
Is housing available?
Yes. LIM College’s state of the art 1760 Residence Hall provides our students with first class housing.
Is housing guaranteed?
LIM College housing policy is on a first come-first serve basis. That being said, no student who has ever submitted their paperwork in a timely manner has been turned away.
How can I visit LIM College?
There are a number of ways to visit LIM College including Open Houses, Info Sessions, and private visits. A great way for international students to explore LIM College further is by attending one of our online information sessions.
What is your policy on Early Action?
International Students are not eligible for Early Action admission.
What are your policies for Transfer Students?
• There is no minimum number of credits required to apply to LIM College
• Our Transfer Credit Policy allows a maximum of 65 credits to transfer into LIM College
• All International Student must have their college transcripts evaluated by World Education Services.
When can I enter LIM College?
LIM College has two start dates per year-the fall semester, which usually begins towards the end of August, and the spring semester, which usually begins towards the end of January. International students can apply for admission for both semesters. Please check our Academic Calendar for more details.
Can international students attend LIM College part-time?
No. In order to qualify for an F-1 student visa, international students must be full-time status.