Dept. of Experiential Education & Career Management
Career Exploration Internships
In addition to required internships, students can participate in the one-credit Career Exploration Internship (CEI) course. This course increases student’s exposure to areas of the fashion, marketing and related industries in an area relevant to their career goals and experience.
At the end of the semester students will be evaluated and graded by their supervisor. As part of the Career Exploration Internship, students must prepare three job-related objectives and maintain a journal to document how progress towards those objectives was achieved.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Approval of your position by the Office Career Management
- You cannot be enrolled in another credited internship during the same semester
Popular internship companies include
- Liz Claiborne
- MTV Networks
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Teen Vogue
To register for CEI
- Go to the Student Shared Drive folder (it is on your LIM desktop)
- Go to Career Management – Career Exploration Internship – Choose the current semester
- Open the document that has directions for registration and read through it.
- All the other documents you need are also in that folder. Once you have everything together you can make an appointment to meet with your Career Counselor via Symplicity
Note: Letters of credit are not provided until you have gone through the registration process.