Dept. of Experiential Education & Career Management
Career Exploration Internships
In addition to required internships, students can participate in the one-credit Career Exploration Internship (CEI) course. This course increases student’s exposure to areas of the fashion, marketing and related industries in an area relevant to their career goals and experience.
At the end of the semester students will be evaluated and graded by their supervisor. As part of the Career Exploration Internship, students must prepare three job-related objectives and maintain a journal to document how progress towards those objectives was achieved.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Approval of your position by the Department of Experiential Education & Career Management
- You cannot be enrolled in another credited internship during the same semester
To register for CEI
- Go to the Department of Experiential Education & Career Management Blackboard shell (students can access the LIM College Blackboard system here: https://limcollege.blackboard.com/webapps/login/).
- Go to the "Work 190 - Career Exploration Internship" page by using the links in the lefthand menu.
- Open the document that has directions for registration and read through it.
- All the other documents you need are also in that folder. Once you have everything together you can make an appointment to meet with your Career Counselor via Symplicity.
Note: Letters of credit are not provided until you have gone through the registration process.
Please hover over each area of industry to see some of the companies where students have completed Career Exploration internships. For a complete list of the companies sponsoring our Career Exploration students, please click here.