Dept. of Experiential Education & Career Management
If you are in need of interns, LIM College has students in a variety of programs to meet your needs. We have three required, for-credit internship programs. Or if you don’t require interns to receive credit, LIM College can offer a letter of support.
Our internship programs include:
Students will spend 10-15 hours per week in a retail-based setting that provides a hands-on work experience to improve understanding of the nature of the fashion industry with a primary focus on where the customer makes contact with the brand.
Students have the opportunity to participate in the Industry Exploration Internship during any of the scheduled terms (Fall, Spring, Summer) to provide maximum flexibility and choice in securing the best opportunity to meet individualized goals
Students have the opportunity to participate in the Career Pathing Internship during any of the scheduled terms (Fall, Spring, Summer) to provide maximum flexibility and choice in securing the best opportunity to meet individualized goals.
Students will spend 10-15 hours per week in a corporate/managerial setting that provides the opportunity to experience the requirements of their expected career path. Further, through the internship, students will gain experience with the skills needed to succeed in their career path allowing them to better make academic choices.
During the second semester of their senior year all LIM College students are required to participate in the Senior Co-op program. The Co-op is designed to provide students with a significant full-semester work experience in the fashion industry, ideally in an area relevant to their career goals and previous experience.
Interns work Monday through Thursday, full-time, for a total of 28 hours per week (excluding the lunch hour). Students are also required to attend classes on campus every Friday.
During the Senior Co-op interns must receive an on-site visit by an LIM College staff member and a final evaluation from their direct supervisor. This internship must be completed in the New York metro area because of the weekly Friday class requirement. Click here for more information about Senior Co-op Guidelines.
In addition to our required internship programs, LIM College students often seek part-time internships during the academic year or over the summer in order to gain additional fashion industry experience.
To register for an employer account
- Click on "Register for the First Time" in the "Employer Log-In" section here - https://limcollege-csm.symplicity.com/
- Complete the "Employer Registration" profile template and submit.
- Once your "Employer Registration" information has been approved by the Office of Career Development (within 24 hours), you will receive a password via email.
To post a job or internship for FREE
- Enter your email address as your "Username" and enter the password you were sent via email and log in.
- To post your job or internship to LIM College for free, click on the "Create new job or internship posting” link.
- You can begin to complete the job posting template.
- Your position will be available to LIM College students and alumni within 24 hours on Symplicity, a password protected on-line database of jobs and internships.
For assistance in creating a Symplicity account, posting a job or internship, contact The Department of Experiential Education & Career Management.
Phone: (212) 752-1530 Ext. 329