Dept. of Experiential Education & Career Management
Fashion and business: the career opportunities are endless. Whether you’re interested in marketing, management or merchandising, LIM College will prepare you for a brilliant career.
The business of fashion is one of today’s hottest, most exciting industries. From retailing and display design to publishing and high-level management, it’s a dynamic, fast-paced field with unbelievable career possibilities.
So why wait to start your career? At LIM College, you’ll get hands-on experience as a professional starting on day one. Through internships, guest speakers, field trips and more, you’ll explore your interests, learn the business of fashion, and make valuable connections.
Industry Interaction: Volunteering at Fashion Week
Many LIM College students gain industry exposure and experience by volunteering during Fashion Week.
Each week a different fashion executive visits LIM College as a guest lecturer. These presenters are drawn from various areas of the fashion world, including public relations, visual merchandising, buying, product development, marketing, and publishing.
Lecturers share a behind-the-scenes look into the real world of fashion. They talk about the company they work for and what their job responsibilities are, allowing you to learn about the vast career opportunities available to you in the business of fashion.
Guest speakers have included:
- John Burke, Director of the Company Archive and Corporate Closet – Tommy Hilfiger
- Daniel Annese, Senior Vice President and General Manager – Estee Lauder / Tom Ford Beauty International
- Betsy Blaisdell, Manager of Environmental Stewardship – The Timberland Company
- Diana Bernal, Director of Store Planning and Visual Merchandising – Van Cleef and Arpels
All that experience pays off, too. Our alumni have found success as buyers, event planners, entrepreneurs and top-level executives at a range of fashion-related companies.
Starting the first day of your LIM College education, our Department of Experiential Education & Career Management will work closely with you to refine your goals and help you reach them.
Latest News & Events News & Events RSS Feed
- 6/6/2013 - Visual Merchandising Students Will Display Their Skills in the DDI Student Window Challenge at Saks Fifth Avenue Top finishers will receive a mentorship with the Saks window team
- 5/31/2013 - President/CEO of Ellen Tracy to Deliver the Keynote Address at LIM College's 74th Annual Commencement Ceremony Mark Mendelson will also receive the LIM College Distinguished Achievement Award and an honorary Doctor of Commercial Science degree
- 4/15/2013 - LIM College Introducing New Track in Home Fashions Expansion of Fashion Merchandising curriculum will increase students' career opportunities
- More News & Events