Parents & Educators
As the parent or educator of a college-age student, you play a pivotal role in your student’s well-being and success. At LIM College, we recognize the importance of your role, and we’re committed to providing you the support you need to fulfill it.
Whether you’re the parent of a currently enrolled student or a guidance counselor helping your students navigate the college search, LIM College offers all the resources you need to guide, advise and support your college-age student.
On these pages, you’ll find useful advice about helping your young adult transition to college life, as well as links to a wealth of academic resources. You’ll find profiles of successful alumni and current students, along with information about living in New York City.
If you are the parent of an LIM College student, we encourage you to enroll in the LIM College Parents Association. Founded in 2006, the Association sponsors a variety of programs, special events and other resources to help you support your child and stay connected to the LIM community.
2014 New Student Convocation/Parent Orientation
When: Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Where: Beacon Theater – 2124 Broadway @ West 74 Street New York, NY
Time: Check in Opens at 9:30 am
This program is the formal welcome for all students entering the LIM College community and the official launch of the academic year.
Click the top right corner for more details.
- New Student Convocation/Parent Orientation is a two part program.
- The first portion is New Student Convocation. While geared towards students, it also gives parents the chance to hear about the myriad opportunities available to those who attend LIM College.
- At 11:45 am students will depart from the Beacon Theater with their Orientation Leaders to start Student Orientation. Parents and Guardians will remain at the Beacon Theater for the second part of the program, which is Parent Orientation.
- Parent Orientation explores ways you can help your student make a smooth transition to college life.
- Parent Orientation ends at 1:00 pm.
- If your student will be living in the LIM College residence hall their Orientation will continue through the evening, so you will not see them again after they depart at 11:45 am.
- If your student will NOT be living in the LIM College residence hall you can meet her/him in LIM College's Maxwell Hall building (216 E. 45th Street - between 2nd and 3rd Aves.) at 5:30 pm.
Latest News & Events News & Events RSS Feed
- 7/29/2014 - LIM College President Featured in Article Celebrating Female Leaders in Higher Education Elizabeth S. Marcuse profiled on GradSchools.com
- 7/19/2014 - Chair of Visual Merchandising Department Appears on CBS This Morning: Saturday Eric Feigenbaum discusses the history and evolution of mannequins
- 6/5/2014 - Visual Merchandising Students Display Their Creativity in the design:retail Student Window Challenge at Saks Fifth Avenue Six students design window displays for the legendary store
- More News & Events