SAFETY & EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
We created the "LIM Safety Tips" series to offer advice on staying safe in all kinds of situations—whether you're riding the NYC subway system or want to protect yourself from identify theft or are traveling abroad.
ANNUAL SECURITY & FIRE SAFETY REPORT
In compliance with the Clery Act, LIM College’s 2015-2016 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (with 2012-2014 crime statistics included) provides information about crime statistics for the previous three years, institutional policies concerning campus conduct, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes and other security and safety information.
Applicants for enrollment or employment may also request a hard copy of this information by sending a written request for the Report to: LIM College Office of the Registrar, 545 5th Ave., New York, NY 10017 or by calling (212) 752-1530 ext. 404.
LIM COLLEGE’S 2015-2016 ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT(WITH 2012-2014 CRIME STATISTICS)
CLOSINGS DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
The LIM College community is notified six ways of closing due to bad weather. They are:
- An alert through the LIM College Emergency Notification System to specified communication devices which include email, cell phone, land line and text message.
- Beginning at 5:00 a.m., an updated voice mail message indicating the status of LIM College at the main phone number: (212) 752-1530.
- A message on all LIM College email accounts.
- A posting on LIM College’s News & Events.
- A listing on the radio on 880 WCBS AM, CBS television Channel 2 or on the WCBSwebsite (click on the “school closings” link in the left column).
- A listing on 1010WINS AM on the radio or on the 1010WINS website (click on the “school closings” link in the right column).
In accordance with the Clery Act, LIM College will notify the campus community without delay upon the confirmation of a significant emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the health or safety of students or staff on campus. Warnings may only be withheld if they would compromise efforts to contain the emergency.
LIM College maintains detailed, formal plans for preparedness, response, and recovery before, during, and after emergency situations.
Fire drills are held regularly throughout the year at all four LIM buildings (The Townhouse - 12 East 53rd Street, Maxwell Hall - 216 East 45th Street, Fifth Avenue - 545 Fifth Avenue, and the 1760 Residence Hall - 1760 Third Avenue).