Student Life & Services


Three students talking in a dorm room

Q: What amenities does the residence hall offer?
A: There are many amenities offered at the 1760 Residence Hall, including a fitness center, computer lounge and game room. Visit the Residence Hall  page for a complete list of amenities.

Q: How many people live in each room?
The residence hall offers mainly double and some triple rooms.

Q: How much does it cost to live in the residence hall?
A: The cost to live in the residence hall is $7,925 per person per semester. This applies to both the double and triple rooms. We recommend that you review your financial aid package with your counselor in the Office of Student Financial Services  and file your FAFSA early to receive priority aid.

Q: When can I sign up for housing?
A: New Students: Once you are accepted to LIM College the housing contract, application, and questionnaire will be sent to you with your tuition agreement. The $400 enrollment deposit needs to be paid in order for you to apply for housing. 

Returning Students: Priority housing sign-up for current LIM College students takes place in late February / early March. However, we continually accept applications / contracts and place students in housing on a first-come, first-served basis.

Q: What do I need to do after I send the contract acknowledgement and deposit in?
A: New Students: After we receive your contract acknowledgement we will send an email to confirm receipt. Your housing packet (with roommate and move-in information) will be mailed to you after July 28, 2015.

Returning Students:  Returning students have the opportunity to come to the Office of Housing & Residence Life office to choose an available room, as well as sign up with a roommate. The contract is available in the Office of Housing & Residence Life.

Q: Can I sign up with a roommate?
A: Absolutely. We encourage you to find someone compatible to live with and sign up together. Please make sure that you talk with each other beforehand about your living situation and request each other in the designated area on the form. If both individuals do not request each other, we can not place you as roommates.

Q: What if I don’t have anyone to sign up with as a roommate?
A: We will pair you up with a compatible roommate based on the information you provide on your application questionnaire. We will do our best to match you up with someone based on sleeping habits, study habits, cleanliness, hobbies, etc.

 Q: Will there be enough spaces to accommodate all housing requests?
A: Although we cannot guarantee housing to our students, in previous years we have been able to accommodate all requests. We encourage you to return all forms in a timely manner to ensure that you have housing.

Q: What is the move–in date?
A: New undergraduate students move in: August 18, 2015.  A housing package will be sent to you after July 28, 2015 with more specific information. Returning Students: August 22, 2015.

Q: Is there housing available for the Spring semester?
A: LIM College’s standard housing contract is for one academic year (August to May). For students coming in mid–year, housing is offered based upon availability. Frequently, rooms do become available in the Spring for all students.

Q: Once I am accepted into the residence hall can I live there for all four years?
A: Continuing residents receive priority if they sign up during the designated priority sign-up period.

Q: Is there a housing orientation program that I have to attend?
A: There is a mandatory housing orientation for all new students. It takes place after move-in and before classes start.

Q: What is the size of the bed?
A: The beds are regular twin-size beds. They are NOT extra-long twin beds.

Q: Can I change my room assignment?
A: For the first two weeks of every semester there is a housing freeze, which means that no one can change rooms. We use this time to ensure that everyone has moved in and is adjusting well. After this two-week period a resident may meet with the Resident Director to discuss a possible room change.

Q: Where do I report maintenance concerns?
A: Report general maintenance concerns on the web-based work order system . If it is an emergency, such as an electrical or major plumbing issue, go to the Office of Housing & Residence Life between the hours of 9:00am - 5:00pm and 7:00pm - 11:00pm.  If your maintenance emergency occurs outside of those hours, you should contact the RA on Duty or go to the lobby security desk.

Q: Who do I contact if I have a cable or internet issue?
A: You can come to the Office of Housing & Residence Life for basic troubleshooting assistance. However, depending on that nature of your problem, you may need to contact RCN directly at 347-272-1231. 

↑Back to Top