Student Life & Services
No matter what your concerns are, personal counseling with an LIM College counselor is a good place to start. Our counselors provide you with an opportunity to learn how to resolve confusing and distressing personal issues. By talking with someone who is not involved in your everyday life, is professionally trained, and can give feedback from a different perspective, you can learn new skills and different ways of looking at things.
The Office of Counseling & Wellness Services offers you short-term individual counseling, group counseling, couples counseling, and family counseling for a wide range of personal issues. There are many reasons you may want to visit us, but most people seek out counseling when their usual way of handling problems isn’t working well and it results in them feeling sad, depressed, confused or angry.
These are some common problems we can help you with:
- Adjusting to college
- Depression / sadness
- Anxiety / stress / panic
- Eating problems / body image or weight concerns
- Death or loss of someone close to you
- Family problems
- Relationship issues
- Sexual identity or orientation issues
- Difficulty concentrating / performance or creative blocks
- Alcohol / drug use
- Struggling to become independent from parents, but also maintain a relationship with family
- Coping with a traumatic experience such as a sexual assault or unwanted pregnancy
- Achievement / motivation concerns
- Worry about being unique or different (i.e., culture, race, ethnicity, religion)
If you confront an issue that’s difficult to manage on your own, don’t feel that you are alone. Call us at (212) 752-1530 Ext. 315. We’re here to offer you the support you may need to achieve personal and academic success.
And remember, counseling is free and confidential. For more information about confidentiality, read our Confidentiality page.