Mandatory Fire Drill - Maxwell Hall
On Tuesday, September 22, 2009 there will a mandatory fire drill at Maxwell Hall.
On Tuesday, September 22, 2009 there will a mandatory fire drill at Maxwell Hall. The fire drill is required by New York City Law and will be conducted by the building management. During the drill all occupants of the building will be required to evacuate to another floor or outside the building. This will be announced by the fire drill coordinator through the PA system. Elevators will be shut down during the drill so you will NOT be able to use elevators during the evacuation drill, and you may be required to walk down several flights of stairs. You will be able to take the elevators up when the drill has been concluded.
Each floor of Maxwell Hall will be evacuated at a different time. The start time of the drills will be 10 AM, however, we do not know what time the drills on the various LIM College floors will occur.
In order to make sure that the drill goes smoothly, adhere to the following suggestions:
- If you are in Maxwell Hall when the fire drill is announced over the PA system, listen to and follow all instructions.
- Make sure to quickly pack your valuables and take them with you during the drill.
- Quietly evacuate the building to the location stated in the announcement.
- If you have classes or intend to visit Maxwell Hall on September 22, I would suggest you wear shoes suitable for walking down stairs.
- All students, staff, and faculty must vacate the floor according to NY State Law.
- If you have physical disabilities that make you unable to climb down stairs you should contact my office.