Student Life & Services
By becoming a mentor, you create a legacy that has a lasting impact on your mentees, the LIM College community and YOU.
To be successful in any field, aspiring leaders require role models and guidance. This is especially true at LIM College when new students launch their educational career with us in the fall and spring semesters.
At some point during your tenure, you may have considered becoming a mentor but never got around to it. Now is the time to learn about becoming an LIM College Mentor. Being a mentor is more important than ever and you will get more out of the experience than you thought possible.
In support of LIM College's Missions Statement, mentors strive:
- To encourage ethical behavior and leadership among all members of the College community
- To promote diversity among faculty, staff, and students for an enriched educational experience
- To provide a supportive social environment and a wealth of cultural opportunities that cultivate personal and academic growth
Mentors at LIM College are:
- Positve role models
- Groups leads and facilitators
- Departmental liaisons
- Peer Counselors
We are looking for students who are:
- Effective communicators
- Enthusiastic about the LIM College Community
- In good academic and disciplinary standing
- Enrolled as a full-time students
The following Mentor opportunities are available:
Orientation Leader Program, which trains current students to work with incoming students at the College's New Student Orientation
First Year Experience Mentor Program, which is a yearlong program including a one-credit seminar will meet once a week and focus on a variety of topics that affect college students and includes mentoring first year students
Mentors are dedicated students who possess strong leadership, communication, and team building skills and who take great pride in LIM College! Being a mentor is a great way to become involved, build your resume, and make new friends in the process!
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org