Welcome to the fashion industry. Welcome to LIM online.
Congratulations, you have been accepted into an online program at LIM College! Once you have accepted our offer of admission, you need to take the following steps to secure your place in our entering class. All the information you need can be found below. Please read each section carefully.
Accepted Student Checklist
Don't leave money on the table! Apply for financial aid. To start this process, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine your eligibility. Just put the LIM College school code 007466 on your form and we'll automatically get a copy of your FAFSA.
For more details on the types of financial aid that may be available to you and how to apply for it, visit our Financial Aid page.
All students must be financially cleared to attend classes. "Financially cleared" means you have either paid your tuition or have plans on record with the Office of Student Financial Services that demonstrate you will have the funds in place to pay your tuition (that can be through a combination of grants, loans, scholarships, a payment plan, etc.).
To use our online learning management system and other course technologies, you'll need access to the following:
1. Desktop or laptop
- At least 8GB of RAM
- Intel Core i7 / AMD A7 or better processor
- 256 GB or more hard drive
2. Operating Systems
- Windows 10 and newer
- Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) or newer
3. Broadband Internet Connect
- Minimum 4Mbps
- Dial-up connections are not recommended due to the nature of rich media in your courses.
4. Updated browsers
- You should always use the most current version of your preferred browser. Your browser will notify you if there is a new version available.
5. Microphone | Camera
- You may need to post video or audio comments or participate in videoconferences for some online courses.
Check out our Technology Requirements handout for more information on basic computer specifications.
NOTE: While you can access Canvas (our learning management system) on a mobile device (tablet/phone), we strongly recommend you have access to a desktop or laptop for major projects.
New Student Checklist
Shortly after receive an admissions decision, you will receive an email with login instructions to access your LIM College email. Be sure to check your LIM College email account regularly for important updates and details about Orientation, registration, and other important start of class information.
If you need help with your email account, contact LIM's IT Help Desk at 646-218-2190 or by email at itsupport [at] limcollege.edu.
All incoming students must be financially cleared by the Office of Student Financial Services before you can attend class.
Financial clearance requires that 100% of your first semester tuition and fees and 100% of your first semester housing charges, if applicable, be paid or covered with confirmed financial aid funds and/or third-party payments (i.e., 529 plan funds, GI Bill Veteran’s Benefits, etc.).
Options for payment to ensure financial clearance:
1. Financial Aid: Please review all financial aid awards in our NetPartner portal. If you are accepting your entire package as is, you do not need to do anything further. If you would like to decline the entire package or parts of your package, please log on to the NetPartner portal; in the award module, using the drop-down box, indicate the award(s) you are declining or decreasing. All accepted, approved, and confirmed financial aid funds for the Fall 2022 semester will be applied as anticipated credit toward your fall charges.
Please note, all required financial aid documents must be completed in order for the Office of Student Financial Services to apply anticipated aid to your account. Additionally, all credit-based loans must be fully credit-approved, and all required documents for disbursement must be submitted.
Complete a Direct Student Loan Master Promissory Note on the Federal Student Aid website (MPN and online Loan Entrance Counseling, which are both required for all students borrowing Direct Loans.
- Parents borrowing a Federal PLUS Loan should visit the same website to apply for the loan and complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN Loan Agreement).
- Graduate Students borrowing a Federal PLUS Loan should visit the Direct Loan page to apply for the loan and complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) Loan Agreement.
LIM College school code: 007466
2. Monthly Installments: Students and parents can make monthly* payments through Nelnet Business Solutions (*international student monthly plans may not extend beyond August).
You can get more information on setting up a monthly payment plan or making a one-time payment through LIM College’s payment website.
Contact the Office of Student Financial Services at SFS [at] limcollege.edu or 212-310-0689. Visit the FAQs or answers to common questions.
All new students must complete orientation in Canvas, which is designed to help you transition into the LIM College community as an online student. Orientation will be available within 48 hours of being accepted.
Visit Canvas to access Orientation
Safety is a top priority at LIM College. In order to keep the College community secure, all students visiting campus must carry their College-issued ID card at all times.
Photo ID cards will be mailed within four to six weeks of submission to the mailing address used to submit your LIM College application.
Email your photo to: OnlinePhotoID [at] limcollege.edu
Guidelines for an acceptable photo:
- Photo must be an attachment, saved as your full name and date of birth Example: Joseph Student_9.4.01.
- You can scan a school photo or passport picture, or take a new picture with your smartphone or digital camera.
- Photo must be one of the following file formats: .jpg, .gif, .png.
- Photo must be 325 X 390 pixels (minimum).
- Photo must be properly focused and should not appear grainy or pixelated. Nothing should block or obscure your face (e.g., hands, sunglasses, shadow, glare, etc.).
First-Year Students: LIM College must receive your official final high school transcript after you have graduated. New York State Law requires that you submit proof of high school graduation in order to sit in our classes in the fall. If you cannot obtain your final high school transcript, you can submit your official diploma. We also need all official final transcripts for any college/university classes you have taken or are now taking.
Submit your final high school transcript. The transcript must be an official transcript from your graduating institution and must clearly indicate your graduation date.
Transfer Students: You must submit all your college/university transcripts to the Office of Admissions to receive transfer credit for the courses you’ve taken. Oh, and we can't accept photocopies – we need the real thing!
Submit your final college transcript(s) from all previous institutions. The transcript(s) must be official copies.
Graduate Students: LIM College must receive your official final college/university transcripts with proof of undergraduate degree received. Photocopies are not accepted. You can do this online through Parchment or the National Student Clearinghouse.
Submit your final college transcript. The transcript must be an official transcript from your graduating institution and must clearly indicate your graduation date.
Submit your transcript(s) to:
limonline [at] limcollege.edudata-gc-link="mailto:limonline [at] limcollege.edu"
Office of Online Admissions
216 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
To ensure the success of all LIM students, we ask that all students show they are ready for college-level math and English courses in one of two ways:
- Submit SAT/ACT/AP scores or college transcripts with completed math/English coursework
- Complete placement test(s)
To access the exams, log in to MyLIM and choose the “Canvas” icon underneath Launchpad.
If you plan to submit SAT/ACT/AP scores, or prior college coursework, please contact LIMOnline [at] limcollege.edu.
Otherwise, based on your academic records, we may recommend the writing and the math placement tests.
You may also choose to opt out of placement exams if you feel you could benefit from the additional instructional opportunities in the corequisite courses you’d be required to complete.
It’s important to understand how your previous coursework has transferred to LIM College. Please log in to Sonis to review your Final Credit Evaluation for more details on how each of your courses has been evaluated. Sonis is our official student information system, so make sure Sonis reflects the credits shown on your Transfer Credit Evaluation Sheet. If you have any questions regarding your Final Credit Evaluation, please contact transferservices [at] limcollege.edu for further assistance.
Transfer credits are awarded based on official transcripts. Once you complete your last semester, please be sure to have your final official transcript(s) sent to the Office of Admissions.
Check your evaluation to determine which items you’re missing and which terms are reflected. Please include proof of your associate degree if applicable.
Students may appeal a transfer credit decision by emailing course syllabi to: transferservices [at] limcollege.edu
- Go to www.limcollege.edu/
- Click on myLIM in the top navigation.
- Once logged in, select SONIS, located on the top left-hand side.
- Select Academics on the left-hand side, then click Registration from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the drop-down menu where it says “Select a School Year/Semester.”
- Then scroll down, and under “SELECT BEGINNING COURSE LETTER” click on the letter “M.”
- Then select the appropriate courses for your degree program that are available.
- When selecting a course, click on courses that state “Open” to register.
Please decide if you are taking one or two classes each module. If you are taking financial aid you will need to take at least six credits in the semester.
Need to know what to take? Contact an Online Advisor at LIMOnline [at] limcollege.edu.