Information for Accepted Students
Got your acceptance letter from LIM College? Congratulations! We look forward to welcoming you to campus.
Here’s everything you need to prepare for fashion school in the heart of New York City. Questions? Contact us.
1. Secure your seat in the upcoming class. If you plan to attend LIM College, your first step should be to send in the $400 tuition deposit along with the Tuition Agreement Form.
You can make tuition payments to LIM College by wire transfer or a check drawn on a U.S. bank. If you plan on paying by wire transfer you must first contact our Office of Student Financial Services for details.
2. Start your visa application. Your visa application will be emailed to you with your acceptance packet. Once you have paid your tuition deposit you can return the application to our Office of Student Affairs, Dean of Student Affairs Charles Pryor, 545 Fifth Ave., 7th floor, New York, NY 10017. When your paperwork is complete and approved LIM College will issue you an I-20.
3. Arrange for housing. International students are welcome to live in LIM College’s state-of-the art, luxury residence hall. Housing applications are sent out a few months before the semester begins; contact the Office of Housing & Residence Life for details.
In addition, LIM College offers an Off-Campus Meal Plan that allows you to eat at a variety of restaurants and buy food at stores and markets throughout the city.
4. File your immunization form. In accordance with New York State Law, all students must have immunization records on file at the College in order to attend classes. Have your physician complete the immunization form and submit it to the Office of Counseling & Wellness. At the very latest, it must be submitted when you come to campus for testing and scheduling.
5. Make sure you have health insurance. LIM College requires that all students carry health insurance coverage. An automatic charge for health insurance will be applied to your account unless you provide proof of coverage. LIM College’s health insurance provider is Gallagher Koster.
6. Submit final transcripts. Before starting classes, you must send LIM College your official final high school transcript (and college transcripts for transfer students) through World Education Services (WES). In accordance with New York State Law, all students must submit proof of high school graduation in order to attend classes.
Students who cannot obtain their final high school transcript will be permitted to submit their official translated diploma, photocopies will not be accepted.
IB students must be sure to send their final grades along with course descriptions or syllabi for all classes for which you they are seeking credit.
7. Take your placement tests. All incoming international students must take placement tests to determine which math and English courses they will take. For your convenience, placement testing for international students takes place the day after move in to the residence hall. You cannot take your placement tests online or at another school. Details will be sent to you a few months before the semester starts.
8. Attend Orientation. All incoming students are required to attend LIM College’s New Student Orientation. Information for orientation is sent out by the Office of Student Life a few months before the start of the semester.