LIM Librarians to Guest-Edit Special Issue of Critical Studies in Men’s Fashion
May 9, 2016
Lou Acierno, MLIS, Director of Library Services; Nicole LaMoreaux, MLS, Reference & Instruction Librarian; and Elizabeth Marotta, MLIS, Archivist/Librarian will co-edit the Fall 2017 issue of Critical Studies in Men’s Fashion. This special focus issue, titled Men’s Fashion as Art, will examine how fashion information and art in men’s fashion have evolved through time and how it will continue to evolve in the future.
Contributions are welcome from all disciplines including: fashion studies, anthropology, art, art history, design, business, consumer studies, cultural studies, economics, gender studies, humanities, literature, marketing, psychology, queer studies, religion, sociology, and textiles.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Use of fashion information in design
- Use of fashion information in marketing
- Influential designers in menswear
- Influential pop culture icons that influenced men’s fashion
- Transgender influence on men’s fashion
- Forecasting menswear
- Museum exhibitions based on menswear
- Menswear designer archives
- Menswear street style
- Textiles used in menswear
- Abstracts of intended paper due to guest editors August 1, 2016
- Letters of acceptance sent out August 15, 2016
- Articles due January 3, 2017
- Articles reviewed and returned to authors for revisions January 30, 2017
- Revised articles due March 6, 2017
- Issue published Fall 2017
All manuscripts will undergo peer review. Articles will be selected on their content, scholarship, and technical quality. The content must be in line with the vision of the journal in advancing scholarship on men and appearance.
All submissions must follow Intellect Books’ house style (http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/MediaManager/File/Intellect%20style%20guide.pdf)
Manuscripts should be approximately 5,000-7,000 words and use British spelling. It is the author’s responsibility to clear image rights, text, and citation usage if they are included in the manuscript.