2019 Novel Coronavirus
Last updated April 3, 2020
All classes for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester have been moved to an online/remote format, and the same goes for Summer sessions A, B, and C. All on-campus events for Spring 2020 are cancelled, postponed, or to be conducted virtually. Students have the option to take classes under the pass/fail grading system this semester.
Commencement will be postponed. Click here to read more details from President Marcuse.
The College has been closely following the public health situation surrounding a novel strain of coronavirus, 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). As the safety and health of our students, faculty, administrators, and staff is our primary concern, we have assembled a team involving multiple College offices to monitor, plan, and respond to this rapidly evolving situation.
In addition to the information and links on this page, we will provide updates to the LIM College community via LIM email and other methods, as needed. All students, faculty, and staff should also make sure they are registered with the College’s Emergency Notification System.
What is a coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that can cause illness which can range from mild (such as a cold) to more serious (such as pneumonia). The virus is likely to be spread from person to person, but it is currently unclear exactly how easily it spreads. A "novel coronavirus" is a strain that has not previously been found in humans.
Symptoms related to COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia and other complications, especially in infants, older individuals, and in those with underlying health conditions.
While there is still much that is unknown about this virus, we know what we can do to reduce our risk for infection:
- Wash your hands often, especially after you’ve touched someone who is sick, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you have cold and cough symptoms, make sure to cover your coughs and sneezes by using the crook of your arm or using disposable tissues and disposing of them in the trash.
This is a rapidly evolving situation. For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, please refer to the links below:
- April 3, 2020 - Provost's Letter Regarding Pass/Fail Grading Option
- March 23, 2020 - President's Update about 2020 Commencement
- March 23, 2020 - President's Letter Regarding COVID-19 to LIM College Students
- March 12, 2020 - Coronavirus Extended Remote Operations
- March 10, 2020 - President's Letter Regarding COVID-19 to Families of LIM College Students
- March 10, 2020 - Coronavirus Remote Operations
- March 6, 2020 - Coronavirus FAQs
- March 2, 2020 - Coronavirus Update
- February 18, 2020 - Coronavirus Update
- January 26, 2020 - Coronavirus Community Announcement