Spring 2021 Campus Update(s)
Note: the below update only applies to students who register for hybrid in-person or hybrid virtual classes in the spring. Students who register for Spring 2021 online division courses will still begin, as scheduled, on Monday, January 11 and will follow the established calendar. Thank you.
October 29, 2020
Dear LIM Students,
I am writing to share key decisions we have made regarding the Spring 2021 semester at LIM College. As we have debated the pros and cons of various Spring semester schedules, we’ve kept in mind two important priorities: 1) The need to maintain our commitment to creating the safest possible return to campus and 2) The importance of enabling students, faculty, and staff to spend holiday time with family and friends. Below, please find important information regarding Spring 2021:
Spring Semester will begin on January 19, 2021
- This is a full week later than originally planned. The Academic Calendar will be updated to reflect this change.
- The extension of the semester start date allows students to safely return to the NY area if they are travelling to and from places which New York designates as states requiring quarantine.
Spring Break will take place as planned from March 15 to 19
- We, of course, will be encouraging students, faculty and staff NOT to travel during this timeframe, but to find safe and meaningful ways to de-compress at home.
Additional Contact Hours will be added to the asynchronous portion of all of our classes to make up for the delayed semester start
- Faculty will work individually and with their chairpersons to ensure that all content is covered and compliant with the guidelines of NYS Education Department and all other accrediting and regulatory bodies.
Just as at the beginning of the Fall semester, a new molecular COVID-19 test will be required of every student, faculty and staff member who will be physically on-campus at any time during the Spring semester
- More information about this requirement will be forthcoming in the weeks ahead.
- For now, please plan accordingly to arrange for yourCOVID-19 test between January 4 and January 8, 2021 in order to ensure enough time for your results to be returned before the semester start.
I am thankful to our community for all that we have done to adhere to the standards of our shared responsibility to one another to be as safe as possible. I know that we will continue to do so in the weeks and months ahead. Additional information will be shared as it becomes available. Until then, please have a productive and healthy end of the semester and finals season.