Spring 2021 Update
December 16, 2020
Dear LIM Students,
We know. We know.
You’re wondering: How many more emails LIM will be sending with Covid-19 updates?
The answer is simple: As many as it takes to create the safest possible experience for the LIM community! The only certain thing about this pandemic has been the fact that it’s completely uncertain. This means we need to stay vigilant, nimble, and ready to make necessary decisions.
Given the incredibly rapid rise in cases in the U.S. before the holidays have even arrived (and when group gatherings will become even more likely!), please note the following:
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE SPRING 2021 SEMESTER:
- Spring 2021 will begin as a REMOTE learning environment, with in-person classes beginning on campus on February 1, 2021.
Out of an “over-abundance of caution,” all courses will be delivered remotely until February 1, 2021, when hybrid in-person classes will begin meeting on campus. This will give everyone additional time to quarantine and test according to the guidelines outlined below.
- The Spring 2021 semester will begin on time and classes will be held REMOTELY until February 1.
The Spring 2021 semester officially begins on January 11, 2021. Courses with section numbers 11, 12, 31, and 32 begin remotely on Monday, January 11. All other classes begin remotely on Monday, January 19.
- Students who have elected to take hybrid in-person courses will be able to take classes physically on campus beginning on February 1, 2021.
Of course, we will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and keep you updated should any additional changes be necessary.
- Beginning January 27, 2021, all campus buildings will be open for students who wish to come physically to campus.
Whether you wish to come to Maxwell Hall, the Townhouse, or Fifth Avenue to participate in an in-person class, “Zoom” into a hybrid virtual class, take an online class, use the library, take advantage of campus WiFi, or simply meet (safely, of course!) with friends and classmates, LIM students may do so beginning on January 27th, provided you complete the required daily health screening and have submitted the appropriate COVID test results.
- Proof of a new NEGATIVE RESULT from the COVID-19 test will be required.
Just as at the beginning of the Fall 2020 semester, a new molecular diagnostic COVID-19 test (not the rapid test) will be required of every student, faculty and staff member who will be physically on campus at any time during the Spring 2021 semester.
- LIM students should plan to take an updated COVID-19 test between January 18 and January 25 if you plan to be physically on campus at any point during the Spring 2021 semester.
This will allow for an ample amount of time for the test to be processed and results to be received in time for the physical return to campus.
- It’s now even easier for students to submit COVID-19 molecular test results.
Click here for instructions.
- The most up-to-date information about Spring 2021 can be found at: https://www.limcollege.edu/coronavirus_updates.
Make sure to check this site frequently for the most accurate information. Updates will be made by 9pm each Sunday, or more frequently as needed.
We get it. This is a lot of information to digest and the fact that it continues to evolve makes it extra challenging. We thank you for your continued commitment to our shared responsibility and want you to know that we are committed to the safest experience possible for the LIM community.
Lisa Springer, Provost
Michael Richards, Dean of Student Affairs