Begin your journey at LIM College and experience our hands-on approach to learning the business of fashion. Whether you’re entering college for the first time, transferring schools or beginning graduate-level studies, you will gain access to hundreds of opportunities to set yourself apart upon graduation. Apply now to begin living and studying in New York City—the fashion capital of the world.
Applying to LIM College is a fast and easy process. We accept applications on a rolling basis as space permits.
All applicants must submit the following materials:
- The essay
- Online or paper application with $40 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or work-related references
- Official transcripts from all schools you attended or are currently attending (high school and college or universities) with proof of graduation or GED certificate; regardless of whether you expect or desire to receive credit for previous work
In addition to the required materials above, you are responsible for the submitting supplemental documents under your respective student type.
- Official score report of SAT or ACT tests
- Activity sheet demonstrating your work and volunteer experiences, extracurricular activities and awards and achievements
- On-campus interviews may be requested by LIM College or you may request an interview by contacting the Office of Admissions
- Official score report of SAT or ACT tests. This requirement is waived for students who have satisfactorily completed at least 15 credit hours (21 on a quarter or trimester system) at an accredited college.
- On-campus interviews may be requested by LIM College or you may request an interview by contacting the Office of Admissions.
- You may be required to submit scores for the TOEFL or another exam to prove English proficiency. For details, please see the additional admissions requirements for international students.
- If your degree was completed outside of the United States, the Office of Admissions may request that your transcript be evaluated by World Education Service, AACRAO International Education Services, or another evaluation agency approved by NACES.
- Your resume or CV demonstrating chronological work experience.
- A portfolio is also required for applicants to the Master of Professional Studies in Visual Merchandising program.
- An on-campus or phone interview with the Office of Admissions at LIM College is required.