Prior to your arrival: Housing packets and roommate information will be emailed to your LIM email.
FALL 2018 MOVE IN DATES
New undergraduate (domestic) student move-in date:
August 21, 2018 / 12pm - 5pm and 7pm - 11pm
New graduate (domestic) student move-in date:
Ausgust 19, 2018 / 12 pm – 3 pm and 7 pm – 11 pm
New international student (undergraduate and graduate) move-in date:
August 14, 2018 / 12 pm – 3 pm and 7 pm – 11 pm
Returning housing student move-in date:
August 25, 2018 / 12 pm – 5 pm and 7 pm – 11 pm
If you are unable to check in during these hours you MUST contact our office to make alternate arrangements.
- Residential Life Staff and members of the LIM College community will be on hand to assist you to ensure a smooth move-in.
- To help with move-in there are large blue rolling bins provided to bring your belongings inside, but it may be a good idea to also bring your own cart or hand truck to move your things as these bins will be shared among many students.
- Please bring a valid photo ID with you to expedite the process.
- Room assignments are preassigned and room assignments can be found on the Symplicity Residence portal.
- Directly outside of the residence is a metered street parking area that is a “No Parking Zone” on move-in days. Any cars left unattended are subject to a ticket and/or towing. We recommend that someone stay with the car until all your belongings are out. Staff members will instruct you where to go once the car is unpacked so that we can make room for other students to unload their belongings. There are parking garages nearby which you do have to pay for.
- Once all your belongings are brought to your room you must return to the lobby to check-in and receive your LIM College ID card. This will give you access to the building entryway turnstiles, your room, and the LIM College computer lab in the residence hall.
- At check-in you will receive a room condition report form (RCR). The RCR must be completed and returned to the LIM College Residence Life staff within 24 hours to receive your mailbox key.
- There will be a mandatory housing orientation session for all new housing students on August 22nd and August 23rd.
- During the first week of classes there will be floor meetings to introduce your floormates and the Resident Advisor living on your floor.
- LIM College will have many planned activities during the first few days before classes begin and will continue planning activities throughout the semester. Make the most of your LIM College and NYC experience by joining us at these events.
- OPTIONAL: Walk over to the 96th street subway station and purchase a Metrocard.