Nothing compares to life in New York City. It's colorful, fast-paced, and never dull.
You can choose to make your home away from home in student housing arranged through LIM, or strike out on your own to find a place that fits your individual needs.
In the 2022-2023 academic year, LIM will offer housing to students at the New Yorker residence on West 34th Street and 8th Ave. Scroll down for more details.
Housing Overview - The New Yorker
Located in the heart of the hustle-and-bustle of Midtown West (34th Street and 8th Ave.), the New Yorker student residence is run by Educational Housing Services (EHS).
The New Yorker is steps from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden, and a short walk from Manhattan's famed Chelsea neighborhood. Hudson Yards, home to 100+ shops, culinary experiences and cultural institutions, is also a few blocks away.
The New Yorker offers single and double rooms with private bathrooms, as well as a common kitchen and laundry room.
LIM’s Fifth Avenue building is approximately a 20-minute walk from The New Yorker and it takes approximately 30 minutes to walk to Maxwell Hall.
Come home from your day at LIM College to student rooms equipped with the essentials you need to enjoy living in New York City.
- Single, double and triple occupancy rooms
- Furnished with a regular twin-size bed, desk with chair, and dressers that maximize space
- Private bathroom
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable Channels
- Wireless Internet
- Refrigerator, Small Size
- AC, Heat & Basic Utilities
- 24-hour security desk
- Professional live-in staff
- Fitness center
- Mail and package services
- Laundry facilities
- Game room
- Study rooms
- Vending machines
If you would like to apply to live in the New Yorker for the Spring 2022 semester, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the FAFSA form and view your award by logging in to LIM’s Office of Student Financial Services financial aid portal
- Speak with an LIM Student Financial Services Counselor in order to receive “clearance” to submit your Educational Housing Services Housing Application and Housing Deposit.
- Fill out the "Book Now" form on the Educational Housing Services site (request your roommate if you have one!)
- Submit your Housing Deposit or First Payment directly to Educational Housing Services.
If you will be entering LIM in the Fall 2022 semester, updated instructions for applying for housing in the New Yorker will be available in early 2022.
Other Housing Options
If the New Yorker doesn't offer the kind of accommodations and lifestyle you're looking for, here are some resources to help find the place you'll call home.
(The links and information on this page are for informational purposes only. LIM College does not have a relationship with/endorse any entity listed here.)
Student Housing Not Affiliated with LIM
Educational Housing Services (buildings other than the New Yorker)
These are websites that may be helpful in finding off campus apartments in the NYC area.