Be at the Forefront of an Emerging Industry
As legalization accelerates, cannabis industry jobs are among the fastest-growing in the U.S. In fact the number of jobs grew by 32% in 2020 (Leafly Jobs Report) and sales of legal cannabis are expected to grow to $41 billion by 2025 (Cowen).
The cannabis industry encompasses a variety of markets, including beauty/wellness, industrial use (hemp), recreational cannabis, and medicinal/pharmaceutical use, with a multitude of positions for candidates with industry knowledge and business skills.
Explore The Business of Cannabis
Amid rapid expansion and a complex regulatory framework, employers in the cannabis industry seek college graduates with retail experience and industry-specific knowledge.
Sample Job Titles (from a Sept. 2021 LInkedIn search)
- Field Brand Supervisor
- Merchandise Coordinator
- E-Commerce Merchandising and Buying Coordinator
- Retail Operations Consultant
Sample Career Areas
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Retail Management
- Marketing, PR and Social Media
- Product Development and Merchandising
- National Cannabis Industry Association
- Minority Cannabis Business Association
- National Association of Cannabis Businesses
- National Hemp Association
- MJ Biz Daily
- Cannabis Industry Journal
- MG Magazine
- Cannabis Business Times
- Marijuana Venture