This summer, LIM will host virtual interactive workshops for high school students to begin building their fashion portfolios and learn directly from fashion professionals.
Summer Fashion Academy is a virtual version of LIM’s summer pre-college program, reconceived to offer high school students an opportunity to experience the College’s courses in the current environment.
Online morning (10 a.m. - noon) and afternoon (1-3 p.m.) classes will run Monday through Thursday. Each Friday students will take part in a Virtual Showcase, presenting what they've created to an audience of family, friends, and fashion professionals.
Students can choose between two workshop weeks—starting July 12 and July 19—in which the following courses will be offered:
- Fashion Media: Making a Magazine
- Fashion Merchandising: Create a Trend Forecast and Micro Collection
- Digital Marketing: Produce a Virtual Fashion Event
- E-tail Frenzy: Create an Online Fashion Shop
- Storytelling and Sustainability: Create a New Climate Conscious Business Plan
- Styling: Fashion a Digital Editorial and Style Board
Each day will also feature “Lunchtime Live” sessions with live Q&A with LIM alumni.
"This summer program allows high schoolers to experience what a future in fashion might be like," says Tara Truhan, LIM's Director of Corporate and University Partnerships. "The fact that it's virtual allows for students to join us from anywhere in the world or from the convenience of their own home."
The cost for each workshop is $150. To register, click here.
For more information, email summerprograms [at] limcollege.edu or call 646-218-4523.