LIM is committed to being a powerful, consistent voice for implementing sustainable business practices in the fashion industry.
The College has worked toward this goal in number of ways, such as cohosting the annual Fashion and Sustainability Summit since 2018, launching a Sustainability Minor, and making sustainability a staple of its Fashion Merchandising program.
In keeping with LIM’s mission to connect students directly with industry professionals, faculty members Michelle Alleyne, Beth Hochberg, and Andrea Kennedy have welcomed leading industry names in environmental impact and climate reality into their classrooms this semester.
Among these recent guests have been:
- Stephanie Benedetto, Founder of Queen of Raw
- Patty Buchanan, Chapter Co-Chair at Climate Reality Leadership Corp
- Tim Guinee, actor, climate activist, and Chapter Chair at Climate Reality Leadership Corp
- Jill Kubit, Founder of DearTomorrow
- Alexandra Noll, Manager of Global Sustainability at URBN
- Rachel Lincoln, Director of Sustainability at prAna Living
- Harriet Shugarman, Founder of ClimateMama
- Julie Verdugo, Director of Sustainability at Free People
- Bunny Yan, fashion and sustainability edu-tainer
This impressive roster of speakers have educated students about ecofriendly business practices and how to work toward long-term solutions that benefit both producers and consumers of fashion goods.