Everbridge LIM Alert
Everbridge LIM Alert is LIM College’s emergency notification system.
The College will use this system to contact students, faculty and staff about emergencies and unexpected campus closures, as well as other critical and time-sensitive information. (The required Daily Health Screening questionnaire for those coming on campus is also part of this system.)
This system sends:
- Mobile app push notifications
- Text messages
- Emails to your personal and LIM email
- Voice messages to personal and LIM work desk phones
How to install and use Everbridge LIM Alert
1. Download the Everbridge app by visiting the Apple App store or Google Market.
a. Type “Everbridge” and search for the logo. See below.
2. Once downloaded, launch the app and select “Allow” Notifications.
3. Then select “Find an organization or subscription”
4. Type “LIM College” and click on the LIM logo and name.
Note: The first time you log into the system from a mobile device, you will have to confirm your identity by entering the verification code sent via text or to your personal email. You only have to do this one time per device.
5. Use your NetID - firstname.lastname and password, then log in. (do not include @limcollege.edu)
6. Select "Sign in with SSO credentials". It will automatically log you into Everbridge LIM Alert.
7. Select OK.
8. Ensure Allow Push Notifications is turned on.
9. Select Manage My Profile.
Important: Confirm your personal cell phone and personal email (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) are accurate and up to date. Below is how you check and edit your information.
10. Review your information for accuracy. If you need to update it, click "Edit" and enter the new phone or email. Remember to select "Save when you’re done".
What happens when LIM sends you a message from this system:
The Feed section will contain messages and information sent to your account.
- You will receive a Push notification on your device via the Everbridge app
- Open the message to read and confirm receipt
- You will receive a text from 89361 or 87844
- Read the entire message and reply with “Yes” to confirm receipt
- Your phone will display the caller ID 212.752.1530
- A system greeting will play - The main content of the message will follow
- To confirm receipt of the message, Press “1”
- The email will be sent from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email address will be: email@example.com
- Read the entire message and confirm your receipt of the message
If you have any questions, contact Help Desk support: firstname.lastname@example.org