March 23, 2020
As we all know, in recent days we have witnessed a whirlwind of developments related to the spread of the COVID-19 virus and the significant guidance that has been issued from state and federal government. The flexibility and patience that all of you have shown over the past several weeks makes us feel both humbled and proud. There have been and will continue to be incredibly difficult choices to make, but we are guided by the principles of ACES: academic excellence, collegiality, ethical-behavior and student focus—hallmarks of a LIM experience.
I am reaching out to all of you to share some of the critical decisions that we made over the last few weeks so that you can have a full understanding of how LIM is here to support you and your education.
- All classes, undergraduate and graduate, for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester have been moved to an online/remote format.
- All classes, undergraduate and graduate, for the Summer (sessions A, B, and C) have been moved to an online/remote format. We made this decision early to assure that you would be able to complete your Spring Semester classes.
- Academic Advising is conducting remote appointments and is available to discuss all your academic needs.
- Please feel free to reach out to other members of the our faculty and staff with your questions or concerns, as appropriate.
- For questions, email: Advising@limcollege.edu
Housing and Residence Life:
- We want you to you feel safe and comfortable studying in the new remote environment. To help the Residence Hall is open for those students who have chosen to remain in the Residence Hall. The College’s Residence Hall staff is on site and available.
- Any student who has questions regarding housing should contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at 646-388-8408.
Career and Internship Services:
- Large numbers of internships and co-ops have been suspended.
- The Career and Internship Services team has swiftly created an online course supplement that will enable students to complete their internships and Co-ops in a new way.
- For questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All on-campus events for the Spring 2020 semester are cancelled, postponed or will be conducted virtually.
- Commencement will be postponed. Click here for more information.
- The College is actively exploring ways to ensure that we stay connected to the student community online/virtually.
- Alternate dates for other events, when planned, will be communicated when details are available.
Facilities and Buildings:
- All LIM buildings, except the residence hall, remain closed at this time.
- During the break, the following cleaning and sanitizing efforts were performed:
- Disinfecting of all surfaces (glass doors, door handles, restroom fixture, handrails, elevators doors and buttons, counters, student desks).
- Carpets were shampooed, and floors were washed with a disinfectant.
Information Technology and Computer Support:
- The Help Desk remains open 24/7
- Call 646.218.2190, email: email@example.com, extension 390 from Jabber phone, or open a ticket by logging into Footprints.
We will continue to keep you up to date on decisions and next steps as they unfold and you can always check www.limcollege.edu/coronavirus for updates as well.
Here’s wishing that you, your family and everyone in the LIM community around the world stay safe, healthy and strong!