The College will be closed Monday, Jan. 18 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

General Notice

Update: All hybrid in-person classes will meet remotely until Feb. 16, 2021. For more COVID-19 and Campus Operating Updates, click here.


Under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973, all students, with or without disabilities, are entitled to equal access to the programs and activities of LIM College. If a student believes that he/she has a disabling condition that may interfere with his/her ability to access and/or participate in the activities, coursework, testing and assessment, or other requirements of a course, he/she may be entitled to non-retroactive accommodations.

The accessibility services staff within the Office of Counseling and Accessibility Services offers academic and non-academic accommodations for a qualified student with a disability. Some examples of accommodations include, but are not limited to: extended time on tests, testing in an alternate location, copies of class notes, access to specialized computer software and books in alternate formats. A student will not be able to receive accommodations for a disability at LIM College unless he/she chooses to disclose this information to the accessibility services staff and formally registers for services. A student with a disability is encouraged to contact the accessibility services staff as soon as possible upon enrolling at LIM College.

Please find more detailed information regarding LIM College’s policies and procedures relative to accessibility services in the LIM College Accessibility Services Handbook.



Registration for services includes the submission of a student’s disability documentation to the Office of Counseling and Accessibility Services, the review of documentation by accessibility services staff and an in-person intake interview with the student conducted by the accessibility services staff. Registration is not considered complete until all of these activities have taken place. Once a student registers with the accessibility services staff, the Office of Counseling & Accessibility Services will create letters disclosing a student’s non-retroactive accommodation plan to his/her professors. It is then the responsibility of the student to deliver these letters to his/her professors. Faculty are only required to comply with assigned academic accommodations once they receive an accommodation letter. A student retains the right to choose not to share his/her accommodation letters with his/her professors and retains the right to determine which accommodations he/she would like to apply to each class.


Disability Documentation

Formal documentation must be from a licensed medical and/or mental health provider and/or a qualified evaluator who is currently treating or who has assessed the student with a disability. Documentation should be current, generally no more than three years old. 504 Plans and IEPs are acceptable, but documentation should also include other professional reports such as psychological evaluations, educational evaluations, neuropsychological exams, and/or physician reports and letters whenever possible. Depending on the documentation provided, accessibility services staff may require further and/or more recent evaluative documents. In general, documentation should include at least the following:

  • Signed consent for release of medical and/or mental health records and information
  • Psychoeducational Assessment, IEP/504 plan, and/or a medical report from a licensed medical and/or mental health provider and/or qualified evaluator detailing learning or other disabilities
  • The specific diagnosis or diagnoses constituting the disability/disabilities
  • The medical and/or educational history related to the disability/disabilities
  • The level of severity of the condition and anticipated changes to the condition, including any functional limitations and expected duration of the condition, etc., if applicable
  • The date of the initial disability diagnosis and any changes in the condition since initial diagnosis
  • Any current medications and treatment
  • Recommended academic and/or non-academic accommodations



If you have any questions about accessibility services or accommodations, or if you would like to make an appointment to speak confidentially to a member of the accessibility services staff, please contact the Office of Counseling and Accessibility Services by email or call (646) 218-6048 to make an appointment.

The Office of Counseling and Accessibility Services is located in Maxwell Hall on the 14th Floor.


Accessibility Services Forms

Accommodation Request Form
Proctor Request Form
Authorization for the Release of Protected Health Information
Request for Alternate Formats Form