English & Math
All undergraduate students who enroll at LIM College must demonstrate their readiness to learn course material successfully. English and mathematics aptitude is assessed and students are placed in appropriate courses based upon level of aptitude.
Students can demonstrate their readiness by either:
- Submitting ACT or SAT scores for review*
- Completing the LIM College placement test
In addition, the college-level English composition and mathematics courses of transfer students will be reviewed for equivalency and students placed in the appropriate courses.
Students who choose not to submit ACT/SAT scores and do not take the LIM College placement test, will automatically be placed in the lowest level courses (Writing Essentials & Mathematics Through Business Applications).
For those who chose to complete the LIM College placement test, study guides are below. It is highly recommended you review them before taking the test.
Additional information, including timeline and instructions, will be sent to students prior to new student registration.
*Students who submit SAT/ACT scores may opt to take the placement exam.
ACT/SAT Placement Criteria
|ACT Math Score||NEW SAT Math Score||OLD ACT Math Score||Math Course|
|500-540||19-21||Introduction to Algebra|
|ACT Score||NEW SAT Evidence Based||OLD SAT Writing Only Score||Course Placement|
|0-529||0-459||ENGL 0700 - Writing Essentials|
ENGL 1100 –
- All international students whose first language is not English regardless of transfer credit and/or standardized test scores are required to take an English placement test prior to the start of the Fall or Spring semester.
- This test is used to verify English proficiency, competency and written ability.
- Test results determine placement into or out of ENGL 0550 - Communication for International Students. If it is determined that you are required to take this course, you must do so in your first semester at LIM College.