The Buying Trip and Competitive Shop
Business + Culture
Spend a week getting to know the local retail landscape and buying strategies of London's fashion pros.
- Students must be attending LIM College from the time of application through the conclusion of the program.
- Minimum GPA requirement is 2.0.
- Students must turn in an online application
- Students must be in good academic and financial standing to participate.
- Students must have completed all prerequisites for the course component of the program by the time of the program start date. Please see "Credits" below for more information.
- Students must apply by the deadline.
- Summer 2023 Application and deposit deadline: February 8th, 2023 at 11:59pm
When: May 8-May 18, 2023
Where: London, England
The LIM College short-term study abroad application is due February 8, 2023, for the Buying Trip & Competitive Shop 2023.
In order to be considered for this program, applicants should submit:
- LIM College online study abroad application.
- Personal statement (instructions included in application).
- Scanned copy of the photo page of their passport (if the student does not yet have a passport and therefore cannot include this piece, their application will not be penalized. However, they will be required to get a passport within three months of acceptance to the program).
- Copy of their unofficial transcript (can be obtained from Sonis).
LIM College’s study abroad programs are competitive, as more applications are typically received than there are spots available. The following factors are considered when LIM selects candidates to participate in study abroad programs:
- Personal statement/essay: Original, succinct essays with well-thought-out content will be rated highly.
- Interview with Study Abroad Coordinator: Students should be prepared to speak about why they are a good candidate for the program to which they are applying.
- GPA: The student’s LIM College GPA is taken into consideration.
Undergraduate students who are accepted to the program will complete an online course that culminates in the time abroad. Successful completion of the coursework and travel experience will result in three undergraduate elective credits for the course "FASH 3533 - The Buying Trip/Competitive Shopping."
The program is first and foremost an academic experience and participants are expected to prioritize the academic component of the program. In addition, students are responsible for ensuring that they have met any and all prerequisites for the course prior to its start date (note that this may be earlier than the departure date for the travel component of the program). Please see the LIM College Catalog for details about course prerequisites.
Group airport transfer upon arrival and departure in London are arranged by our partner CIEE (Can this be clickable?). Transportation for all program components and a weekly Metro pass will be provided by CIEE.
Double occupancy Hotel accommodations with breakfast is included with program.
iNext Comprehensive Ultimate Travel Insurance plus Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation Package is provided through CIEE. CIEE pre-departure and on-site orientation included health and safety protocols and local logistics.
- Summer 2023 cost: $4267.00 per student.
Program cost includes in-country transportation, accommodation, entrance fees for cultural and business visits, welcome and farewell meals, and tuition for the 3 summer credits earned.
- Round-trip airfare: Approximately $550-$750
- Non-included meals: Approximately $300
- Entertainment on free days: Varies
- Shopping: Varies
All students are required to attend the LIM College Study Abroad Pre-Departure Orientation. The time and date of the Orientation will be communicated to all accepted participants. All students are also required to attend one or two additional meetings scheduled by the faculty leaders during the preceding semester.