Spend an unforgettable semester in Madrid
With a multicultural student body and a strong academic structure, you'll experience the semester of a lifetime at the Universidad CEU San Pablo.
- Students must be in at least their third year of college-level study at time of the program.
- Suggested minimum GPA is 3.0.
- Students must be in good academic and financial standing at LIM College to participate. Students must also have full-time standing at the time of their application and through the end of the exchange program in order to participate.
- Students must apply by the deadlines listed below under “Important Dates.”
- The School of Business and Economics, the School of Law, and the School of Humanities and Communication Sciences are located at the Moncloa Campus.
- Partner school website: https://www.uspceu.com/
- Fall Semester: early September –mid January
- Spring Semester: early February to mid June
The end date of the semester varies based on the CEU exam schedule.
Accepted students will participate in a mandatory orientation at their host school prior to the start of the semester. The dates and times of the orientation will be provided to accepted students.
Students must submit their completed application by the deadlines listed above under "Important Dates" to be considered for this program.
LIM College’s study abroad programs are competitive as more applications are typically received than there are spots available. The following factors are considered when LIM selects candidates to participate in study abroad programs:
- Personal statement/essay: Original, succinct essays with well-thought out content will be rated highly.
- Interview with Study Abroad Coordinator: Students should be prepared to speak about why they are a good candidate for the program to which they are applying.
- GPA: The student’s LIM College GPA is taken into consideration.
- Demonstrated interest: Applicants can increase their chance of being selected by attending information sessions and/or setting up a time to meet one-on-one with the Study Abroad Coordinator to discuss the program they are interested in applying for.
Students who are accepted into the program will be required to submit their personal and academic information to their host school, as well as a copy of the photo page of their passport. Further information on this process will be given to accepted students.
All students are required to attend the LIM College Pre-Departure Orientation. Date, time and location are made available after acceptance into the program. Students must also attend the CEU Orientation and are required to arrange travel so they can do so. Orientation is typically held one to two weeks prior to the start of each corresponding semester.
Course lists can be found here: http://www.uspceu.com/es/alumnos/movilidad-internacional/index.aspx (click “International Students,” then “Useful Information,” then “Academic Information”). Students will be required to submit a LIM College Course Proposal Form to have courses evaluated prior to attending CEU. Students must be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours (or the equivalent) per term, including both courses abroad and online courses taken at LIM. Final registration of courses happens during Orientation Week.
Students must meet with their Academic Advisor to ensure their courses will fit into their graduation plan.
CEU facilitates housing in shared student apartments for incoming exchange students through third-party accommodation providers. Students are also welcome to find housing independently. The LIM College Study Abroad Coordinator can assist accepted students with finding appropriate accommodation.
All housing costs are paid directly to the housing provider, which may be the host university, a student apartment company, a landlord, etc. depending on where the student chooses to live.
Students are responsible for booking and purchasing their own airfare.
All students are required to purchase international health insurance and provide proof of having done so in order to apply for a Spanish student visa. In order to meet the visa requirements, this insurance coverage must include:
- Minimum coverage equal to €30,000 (or its equivalent in dollars)
- Repatriation and evacuation coverage (must be explicitly stated in the policy description)
- Be for the duration of the planned period of stay in Spain
The Study Abroad Coordinator can provide information on insurance companies that provide supplemental coverage that meets or exceeds the above requirements.
Students pay LIM College tuition to LIM College for the semester abroad. This does not cover airfare, housing, books, meals, or personal expenses, such as shopping. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Spain and the United States. Additional costs to consider (all amounts are approximations and in pounds unless otherwise noted):
- Round-trip transportation to and from Spain: $800
- Student Visa: $160
- Housing: €350-€500 per month
- Food: €200 per month
- Public Transportation: €20 per month
- Books & Supplies: €250
- International Health Insurance: $250
- Entertainment & Shopping: varies
Students who receive financial aid can typically apply this aid to a semester abroad. All students who receive aid will be required to meet with a Student Financial Services Counselor prior to departure to discuss the status of their aid and complete any additional requirements.
Students will be required to have a visa to study for the semester. Students must have a valid passport that expires no sooner than 6 months past the end of the exchange experience to apply for the visa and should be prepared to show that they have access to sufficient funds to cover their costs for the semester as part of the visa application process. Accepted students will be sent a letter of invitation from CEU to present to the immigration authorities.
Student visas are normally issued for up to one month prior to the start of the semester and will be valid up to one month after completion of studies. Students are encouraged not to make any travel plans until their visa has been issued and they know the exact dates of its validity.