Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as a Priority
September 11, 2020
Dear students, faculty, and staff,
We are thrilled to welcome our campus community back together, both virtually and in-person, as classes resume this week. As you know, the College has reaffirmed its commitment to our shared values of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Throughout the fall semester, the dedicated members of the DEI Strategic Planning Committee will review data and feedback from students, faculty, and staff to outline measurable, systems-level goals to guide the work of the College.
An important first step of this process is soliciting input from our community. We encourage all students, faculty, and staff to complete our 2020 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategic Planning Survey by September 28th. The link to the survey can be found under "Latest Communications" on MyLIM, and it seeks to capture thorough demographic data as well as perceptions of campus climate and individual experiences on campus. The survey should only take approximately 15 minutes to complete and will be available until September 28 (Added bonus: students who participate will be entered in a drawing to win a $50 AmEx gift card!).
Also, please SAVE-THE-DATE and plan to JOIN US for two upcoming DEI events:
- Roundtable Chat on Cooked: Survival By Zip Code
- Wednesday, September 16th, 1pm - 2pm
- This critically acclaimed documentary explores the ways in which racism, classism, politics, and public policy shape how individuals experience natural disaster. You can view this very relevant hour-long documentary for free here, and the link to register for the discussion can be found on MyLIM.
- Drop-In Open Forum
- Friday, September 18th, 1pm- 2pm
- Join us in a free-form opportunity to check-in, reconnect, and heal as a community. Again, you can register for the open forum via the link in the MyLIM update.
We look forward to engaging our community in these critical issues and charting our path forward.
Erica Monnin, M.S.
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs/Director of Housing and Residence Life