Business, Fashion, & Culture of Europe
European Business & Style
Spend two weeks touring Paris, France and London, England as you immerse yourself in the culture of both regions and explore the current state of fashion and business there.
- Students must be attending LIM College full-time from the time of application through the conclusion of the program.
- Students must turn in a digital copy of the application (hard copy applications are not accepted).
- Students must be in good academic and financial standing to participate.
- Students must have completed all prerequisites for the course component of the program by the time of the program start date. Please see "Credits" below for more information.
- Students must apply by the deadline.
- Recommended minimum GPA: 3.00 (required minimum GPA: 2.50)
WHEN & WHERE
• Monday, May 18, 2020 – Friday, May 29, 2020 (These dates are subject to change)
• The Summer 2020 program will be traveling to Paris, Provence, & Barcelona & Madrid!
Students must submit their completed application by the deadlines listed above under "Important Dates" to be considered for this program.
LIM College’s study abroad programs are competitive as more applications are typically received than there are spots available. The following factors are considered when the Office of Study Abroad selects candidates to participate in LIM College’s study abroad programs:
- Personal statement/essay: Original, succinct essays with well-thought out content will be rated highly.
- Interview with Study Abroad Coordinator: Students should be prepared to speak about why they are a good candidate for the program to which they are applying.
- GPA: The student’s LIM College GPA is taken into consideration.
- Demonstrated interest: Applicants can increase their chance of being selected by attending information sessions and/or setting up a time to meet one-on-one with the Study Abroad Coordinator to discuss the program they are interested in applying for.
Students who are accepted into the program by LIM’s Office of Study Abroad will be required to submit their personal and academic information to their host school as well as a copy of the photo page of their passport. Further information on this process will be given to accepted students.
Undergraduate students who are accepted to the program will complete an online course that culminates in the time abroad. Successful completion of the coursework and travel experience will result in three undergraduate elective credits. The program is first and foremost an academic experience and participants are expected to prioritize the academic component of the program. In addition, students are responsible for ensuring that they have met any and all prerequisites for the course prior to its start date (note that this may be earlier than the departure date for the travel component of the program). Please see the LIM College Catalog for details about course prerequisites.
ACCOMMODATIONS & TRAVEL
Travel and accommodation are arranged by a third party provider. Overnight stays are in vetted hotels in the given cities. You receive a full itinerary at a mandatory meeting prior to the program departure.
All students must submit proof that they are covered overseas by their current health insurance provider to the Office of Study Abroad for the duration of the program abroad. If you are not covered by your current provider, supplemental insurance needs to be purchased. Information on where to purchase supplemental insurance is available through the Office of Study Abroad.
The program cost for Summer 2020 is $5300 — any changes to this cost will be communicated to all applicants prior to the due date for the second non-refundable deposit. The cost of the program covers round-trip airfare from an NYC airport (JFK or EWR), in-country transportation, shared hotels, tuition for 3 elective credits, entrance fees, some meals. Participants may incur the following approximate costs:
- In-country transportation (subway/bus passes): $50
- Food: $50 per day
- Free time spending money and shopping: $200
- Transportation to and from the chosen NYC airport: varies
- International Health Insurance (if applicable): $20
Students must follow the payment schedule:
- First half of deposit ($375) due February 10, 2020 (with program application)
- Second half of deposit ($375) due February 17, 2020 (to confirm acceptance)
- Payment of $2,275 due March 6, 2020
- Payment of $2,275 due March 27, 2020
All students are required to attend the LIM College Study Abroad Pre-Departure Orientation. The time and date of the Orientation will be communicated to all accepted participants. All students are also required to attend one or two additional meetings determined by the faculty leaders during the fall semester.
United States citizens will not need a visa due to the short duration of the program. Students will, however, need a passport valid for six months after the last day of the program.
For international students, please meet with the Manager of International Student Services to discuss your study abroad eligibility and current student visa status. You will also need to meet with the Study Abroad Coordinator regarding your need for a Schengen visa, depending on your citizenship.