Registering for / Adjusting Fall 2020 Courses
July, 6 2020
As mentioned in my email last week, LIM is offering students an opportunity to participate in a variety of learning modalities (hybrid in-person, hybrid virtual, and online) for the Fall 2020 semester.
This message contains important information about your Fall schedule.
Immediately following tonight’s open forum, returning students will be able to confirm, adjust, or select their Fall 2020 course selections according to the following schedule:
- Starting at 6pm ET, all returning Seniors and Juniors
- Starting at 7pm ET, all returning Sophomores and returning Freshmen
If you are an INCOMING FIRST YEAR OR TRANSFER STUDENT:
Hang tight! You will discuss your Fall 2020 schedule in detail with an Academic Advisor during a scheduled appointment. If you have any additional questions about this scheduling process in the meantime, feel free to reach out to your admissions counselor at 212-310-0639.
If you have NOT YET REGISTERED for Fall classes but would like to register:
- Please contact the Office of Academic Advising at 646-388-8430 to set up an appointment if you have questions. We want to make sure you’re sticking to your graduation plan!
- Once you know which courses you would like to register for in the Fall, log-in to your SONIS account as you normally do.
- SONIS will look a bit different, so be sure to note the new columns indicating the modalities or “delivery mode”. For more detail on the changes, please reference this document.
- Register for your course selections.
If you have ALREADY REGISTERED for Fall classes:
- All on-campus course sections have been assigned a hybrid virtual or hybrid in-person modality. Section numbers for your chosen classes may also be different from what you originally selected.
- To view or adjust your schedule:
o Log-in to your SONIS account as you normally do to view your previously selected courses.
o SONIS will look a bit different, so be sure to note the new columns indicating the modalities or “delivery mode”. For more detail on the changes, please reference this document.
o You may make any changes to your schedule that you wish.
§ For example, if you wish to only take hybrid virtual courses for the semester but your Accounting 101 course is now assigned as a hybrid in-person course, find a different section for Accounting 101 that is hybrid virtual.
We know this is a lot of information to absorb and that you undoubtedly have questions. As a reminder, please join me for the Fall 2020 Academic Overview Webinar tonight, July 6th at 5pm.