Answers to common questions about LIM online programs
Below are some of the questions we hear most often. If you need more info, just call us at (212) 752-1530. We’d love to hear from you!
Frequently Asked Questions
To use Canvas, along with other course technologies, we recommend you have access to the following:
1. Desktop or laptop
- At least 8GB of RAM
- Intel Core i7 / AMD A7 or better processor
- 256 GB or more hard drive
2. Operating Systems
- Windows 10 and newer
- Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) or newer
3. Broadband Internet Connect
- Minimum 4Mbps
- Dial-up connections are not recommended due to the nature of rich media in your courses.
4. Updated browsers
- You should always use the most current version of your preferred browser. Your browser will notify you if there is a new version available.
5. Microphone | Camera
- You may need to post video or audio comments or participate in videoconferences for some online courses.
Check out our Technology Requirements handout for more information on basic computer specifications.
NOTE: While you can access Canvas on a mobile device (tablet/phone), we strongly recommend you have access to a desktop or laptop for major projects.