Elevate your career with a master’s degree
LIM College’s Marcuse School of Graduate Studies is your gateway to the next level of your career.
Enroll in our fast and flexible one-year, 30-credit master’s degree programs with courses you can take in person or online.
Be inspired by the energy and ethos of our New York City campus, and learn practical skills you can immediately apply in the workplace.
Start the graduate admissions process at LIM College and take a critical step on the path to your dream career in fashion and lifestyle.
Graduate Admissions Process Overview
We aim to make applying to start a master’s degree at LIM College’s Marcuse School of Graduate Studies as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Here's what you need to know about our admissions process:
- Flexible semester start: Begin your studies in an on-campus master’s program in either the Fall or Spring semester, aligning your education with your schedule and goals.
- No application deadlines: Our rolling admissions policy means you can submit your application at any time. This flexibility ensures that you can apply when it suits you best. We recommend applying as early as possible, as available spots may be limited.
- Prompt admission decisions: Once you’ve met all application requirements, we will provide you with an admissions decision within just two to four weeks. This quick response allows you to plan your future without delay.
The diverse student body at LIM is a global community, providing a warm and inclusive environment for international students. Our Admissions team is ready to assist you with specialized resources, including guidance on transcript submission and English proficiency requirements.
Graduate Admission Requirements
At the Marcuse School of Graduate Studies, we value your pursuit of higher education to reach your professional goals. Our admissions process ensures that you have the opportunity to showcase your unique qualities and potential.
To that end, we ask that prospective graduate students submit the following admissions materials:
- Application for admission: Fill out and submit our online application.
- Application fee: Pay a $40 nonrefundable application fee as part of your application. You may also request a fee waiver by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from the institution from which you earned (or will be earning) your undergraduate degree. We may also request transcripts from other colleges or universities you attended at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Résumé: Share your professional and educational experiences through a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) that demonstrates chronological work experience.
- Essay: Write a 350-500 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Describe your specific career aspirations and your reasons for pursuing a master's degree.
- Describe a career-related achievement or failure. How has this experience impacted your career?
- Discuss your commitment and dedication to working in the global fashion and lifestyle industry.
- Letter of recommendation: Submit one letter of recommendation from an academic or work-related reference. This letter should demonstrate insight into your teamwork, leadership, communication, and intellectual and interpersonal skills and abilities, as well as your strengths and weaknesses.
- Interview: All master’s degree applicants take part in an interview. Depending on if you are a domestic or international applicant, you can schedule an in-person, phone, or online interview.
LIM College’s Marcuse School of Graduate Studies has articulation agreements with select colleges and universities. These agreements outline the credits that can seamlessly transfer to LIM's graduate programs, enabling you to earn your degree more quickly and affordably.