LIM is an ideal destination for transfer students.
Are you ready to focus on fashion and lifestyle?
Gain real-world, resume-building experience and let the energy and opportunities in New York City inspire you to achieve your dreams.
Explore the undergraduate admissions process for transfer students and learn about how all our incoming transfer students receive guaranteed scholarships of up to $10,000 per year.
Navigating the Transfer Admissions Process
We're thrilled you're considering joining us at LIM College. Here's what you need to know as you begin your application:
- Semester start options: You can choose to begin your studies in either the Fall or Spring semesters, providing flexibility to suit your schedule and goals.
- Rolling admissions: LIM College operates on a rolling admissions basis, meaning you can submit your application at any time up to the start of the Fall or Spring semester, as long as openings are available. However, we recommend you apply as early as possible, as class sizes are limited, and spots can fill quickly.
- Transfer credit evaluation: All transfer applicants can receive a personal transfer credit evaluation and do a one-on-one graduation planning sessions with an Academic Advisor at any time, even before you submit your application.
- Timely decisions: Upon receiving all your application materials, we aim to notify you of your admissions decision within two to four weeks.
To help us better understand your unique qualities and potential, we ask that prospective transfer students submit the following admissions materials:
- Application for admission: Start your journey by completing our online application.
- Application fee: Pay a $40 nonrefundable application fee or submit an approved fee waiver.
- High School Transcripts: If you have completed fewer than 15 semester credits at the college level, we encourage you to submit your complete official high school transcripts for review. If you have completed more than 15 college-level credits, we just need proof of your graduation date in the form of your original diploma or an official transcript that lists the date your diploma was conferred.
- College Transcripts: You must submit transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended, regardless of whether or not you intend to receive credit for the coursework.
You may also submit additional documents in support of your application. These are not required, but submitting them can enhance your chance of admission. Here are some of the documents you can provide to strengthen your application.
- Résumé or Activity Sheet: Showcase your involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, and other accomplishments outside of the classroom. In the application process, you can upload a résumé or LIM College’s Activity Sheet.
- Standardized test scores: LIM College has a test-optional policy, allowing you to decide whether or not to submit ACT or SAT scores as part of your application.
- Interview: Engage with us through an optional interview, where you can express your goals, aspirations, and passion for the business of fashion and lifestyle.
Ready to take the next step?
Begin your journey to a professional career in fashion and lifestyle by applying to transfer to LIM College in New York City. Take advantage of our rolling admissions, transfer student scholarships, and generous credit transfer policy – and start creating the future of your dreams.Apply to LIM Request Info Contact Admissions