Study Fashion in New York
At LIM, you can gain real-world experience in the fashion business starting in your first semester and enjoy the creativity, business connections, and diversity of New York City.
We have a vibrant global community and our Admissions team provides tailored resources to prospective international students, including guidance on visa applications, transcript submissions, English proficiency, and more.
Our STEM-designated master's degree programs offer F-1 students the opportunity to apply to extend their Optional Practical Training (OPT) by 24 months - for a total of up to 36 months. And students in all our master's programs can apply to start Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and get U.S. work experience in their first semester.
Navigating the Admissions Process
We're thrilled you're considering joining us at LIM College. Here's what you need to know as you begin your application:
- Semester start options: You can choose to begin your studies in either the Fall or Spring semesters, providing flexibility to suit your schedule and goals.
- Rolling admissions: LIM College operates on a rolling admissions basis, meaning you can submit your application at any time up to the start of the Fall or Spring semester, as long as openings are available. However, we recommend you apply as early as possible, as class sizes are limited, and spots can fill quickly.
- Timely decisions: Upon receiving all your application materials, we aim to notify you of your admissions decision within two to four weeks.
- Campus Housing: LIM students who choose to live on campus will live at FOUND Study in Manhattan's vibrant Midtown East neighborhood. This modern student residence is a short walk from our academic buildings and steps from subways and buses. FOUND Study is around the corner from an NYPD police precinct and close to some of the NYC’s best-known attractions. Renovated in 2022, FOUND Study features rooms with private bathrooms, a fitness center, 24hr security, laundry room, lounges, bicycle storage, a communal kitchen and dining room, and more.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and talented student body. To help us better understand your unique qualities and potential, we ask that prospective students submit the following admissions materials:
- Application for admission: Start your journey by completing our online application.
- Application fee: Pay a $40 nonrefundable application fee or submit an approved fee waiver.
- Transcripts: If you are applying to a graduate program, you must submit official transcripts from the institution from which you earned (or will be earning) your undergraduate degree. We may also request transcripts from other colleges or universities you attended at the undergraduate or graduate level. If you are applying to an undergraduate program, you must provide your high school/secondary school transcripts, along with transcripts from any other colleges you attended.
- English Proficiency: All non-native English language speakers must demonstrate English language competency.
- Form I-20
- Letters of Recommendation*
*Required only for applicants to graduate programs
Applicants to undergraduate programs may also submit the following additional/optional materials in support of their application:
- Résumé or Activity Sheet: Showcase involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, and other accomplishments outside of the classroom. In the application process, upload a résumé or LIM College’s Activity Sheet.
- Interview: Express your goals, aspirations, and passion for the business of fashion and lifestyle.