Taking courses as a non-matriculated student is ideal for individuals who seek to study particular subjects without taking all of the courses required for a degree. There is no difference between a matriculated or non-matriculated student where a particular course is concerned. Taking individual courses as a non-matriculated student at LIM College may be done:
- to see if LIM College is the right environment for you
- as a refresher
- for career advancement
- for personal development
Non-matriculated students may not take more than 18 credits without applying for matriculation, unless given permission by the Dean of Academic Affairs. Non-matriculated students who have completed eighteen (18) credits must meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss their future academic goals. All qualifying courses completed as a non-matriculated student may apply toward an LIM College degree at any time. However, it is the then current transfer policy and degree program requirements that will determine whether a specific course taken as a non-matriculated student will apply towards an LIM degree program. International students may not apply for non-matriculated status.
Non-Matriculated students pay per credit tuition and are not eligible for financial aid.
Non-Matriculated Application Procedures
LIM College accepts applications on a rolling admissions basis. You may apply at any time up to the beginning of the fall or spring term until all openings are filled. All application materials should be sent to the attention of The Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Non-Matriculated Requirements For Undergraduate Courses
- Fill out the application for admission along with the $40 application fee
- Proof of high school graduation must be submitted through a high school transcript or GED
- Complete a personal statement indicating your reasons for pursuing course work as a non-degree student
- Optional: College transcripts for students who wish to register for classes with prerequisites
- Students will receive a decision in 4-6 weeks after their application is complete.
- Non-matriculated students may register for courses if space permits and they meet the prerequisite criteria. Registration for courses will be open to non-matriculated students after returning students have registered. Students will be contacted to set up an appointment with the Registrar to select their classes.
- Non-Matriculated Students are not eligible for financial assistance and must pay in full before registering for classes.