We know you have a lot of questions when researching all that LIM College has to offer, so we’re here to answer any questions you may have in the process. Below are some frequently asked questions (faq) from prospective students to help you get more information about LIM College. For any additional questions, you can contact us at (212) 752-1530.
WILL MY CREDITS TRANSFER IN?
- Start by reviewing our Transfer Credit Guidelines as well as see if your community college is an LIM articulation agreement partner: https://www.limcollege.edu/admissions/transfer/transferring-credits.
- All applicants receive a minimum of two custom transfer credit evaluations during the application to enrollment process, as well as the option to participate in a graduation planning appointment with an academic advisor.
- You can also learn more about these options by attending any of our Transfer Services Day events: https://admissions.limcollege.edu/portal/transferevents.
WHAT COURSES SHOULD I TAKE AT MY CURRENT SCHOOL THAT WILL TRANSFER OVER TO LIM?
- Depending on which major you plan to declare with LIM, the courses recommended can vary for each applicant.
- For example, if you are interested in our BBA Fashion Merchandising Curriculum you could view that catalog on the website for an idea of the courses to take at your current school.
General recommendations for courses include:
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Principles of Marketing
- Public Speaking
- College Algebra
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Business Law
- Please Note: All transfer credits are not guaranteed for consideration toward a degree program at LIM College until the final transfer credit evaluation has been released at the enrollment stage by our Coordinator of Transfer Services.
DO YOU OFFER TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIPS? INTERNSHIPS? HOUSING? ON-CAMPUS JOBS?
- Transfer Scholarships – Yes! Check out the criteria for merit awards here: Types of Aid.
- Internships – At least three before you graduate!
- Housing is offered to all levels of classman, not just freshman, at our 1760 Residence Hall.
On-campus jobs are great for balancing your work/study schedule. Some offices that offer positions include: Undergraduate Admissions, Academic
DO YOU HAVE ONLINE COURSES?
Yes, undergraduate students can take online, on campus or hybrid courses which include both online and on campus components.
DO I NEED TO SUBMIT MY HIGH SCHOOL GRADES/TRANSCRIPT?
- If you have completed less than 30 semester credits at a college level, the Admissions Committee encourages applicants to submit their full official high school transcript for additional academic criteria to review.
- If you have more than 30 college level credits completed, the Admissions Committee just needs the proof of graduation date in the form of your original diploma (copy made in-house by Admissions Staff) or the official transcript with date of degree conferred listed.
CAN I STILL STUDY ABROAD?
- Yes! We have multiple program formats for your consideration - Study Abroad.
- Also check out how fellow transfer alumni, Sabrina Sunde, incorporated her senior CO-OP into an opportunity abroad: http://info.limcollege.edu/study-abroad/interning-abroad-on-how-and-why-we-survive
DO YOU GET A LOT OF TRANSFERS (AKA ARE THERE MORE OF ME, OR WILL I BE ONE OF A FEW)?
- One of the ways LIM provides unique support for transfer students is through an event called “Transfer Connect,” which brings together incoming, current and alumni transfer students to network and share personal experiences, with an emphasis on career-building opportunities.
- LIM College has been named to Phi Theta Kappa’s Transfer Honor Roll, which identifies the top four-year colleges and universities for creating dynamic pathways to support community college transfer.
DO I HAVE TO SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS FROM A SCHOOL IF I DON’T WANT TO TRANSFER THE CREDITS?
Applicants must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended regardless of intent to receive credit for previous work.