Transfer Credit Guidelines
Students who would like to transfer credits to LIM College from another degree granting institution will have their official transcripts analyzed by the Assistant Director of Transfer Advising according to the following guidelines:
- Transfer credits are awarded at LIM College only when official transcripts have been submitted for review.
- Transfer credits are awarded for grades of C or higher. (Passing grades lower than a C will be accepted for students transferring in with an associate degree.)
- Transfer credits are not awarded for Pass/Fail grades.
- All courses must be 100 level or above to be accepted. Remedial courses may be evaluated for English and mathematics placement.
- Where course equivalency is evident, credit will be given for specific courses at LIM College. Courses that are not direct transfers, but similar in scope to courses taught at LIM College, may be accepted as general or liberal arts credit. If a transfer student believes a course taken previously matches a course at LIM College but the credit was not given directly, a course syllabus should be submitted to the Assistant Director of Transfer Advising for further review.
- Grades from other institutions do not transfer and are not used in the calculation of the student’s grade point average at LIM College.
- The maximum number of accepted transfer credits that may be applied towards an associate degree is 31. The maximum number of accepted transfer credits that may be applied towards a bachelor’s degree is 85.
- The number of transferred credits will determine a student’s entering academic level.
- Freshman: 0-27 credits
- Sophomore: 28-58 credits
- Junior: 54-94 credits
- Senior: 95+ credits
- Official transcripts received by the end of the first week of classes will be considered in setting the student’s final level for that semester. Please note, final official transcripts must be submitted for review of credit application towards your LIM degree by no later than dates indicated below. This includes your in-progress courses, between time of acceptance and when matriculation status is achieved. After matriculation, all credit appeal inquiries must be requested through the Office of the Registrar.
- Fall entry term applicants: October 15
- Spring entry term applicants: February 15
- Online students: up until the end of their first module.
- All students must be aware of the academic residency requirement.
- For all associate degree students, a minimum of 30 credits must be completed at LIM College.
- For BBA, BS & BPS degree students, a minimum of 36 credits must be completed at LIM College.
Current LIM College students who wish to take courses at another institution must obtain permission from the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs before enrolling.
For an evaluation specific to your coursework and credits, please complete our Transfer Course Evaluation Request Form. For more information please email transfer advising at email@example.com.
Note: Transfer credits earned at institutions that operate on a quarter system or trimester calendar will be converted accordingly.